Does anyone see this?

There is unrest in many European countries now over energy cost increases. We are in for a cold winter in Europe this year. Where do you see this going?
There are also going to be large food shortages due to the situations in Holland, Canada,US, Ukraine, Sri Lanka, etc. The poorest of the world will suffer first and most intenseley. Immigration pressures will increase from poorer nations following food and a future. What will the administration's response be?

watch?v=

How is all this going to play out when it gets here? And it will get here.
I think if you ask Californians, it's here! They will mandate you buy an EV but can't promise you that you'll be able to charge it. Nice, huh? Take your pick, you can either use your AC or charge your car to go to work but you can't do both. And did you see the pictures from San Fransisco where a bunch of charging stations, each with a designated parking space for your car while it charges, is surrounded by tents for the homeless and garbage strewn everywhere making it impossible to use the charging station.

That picture should be one of dozens of ready made campaign ads for Republicans in future elections. Oh and speaking of pictures, did you see the one with Gavin Newsome asking Californians to turn up their thermostat ( if you still have control of your thermostat ) to 78 degrees while he is wearing a fleece jacket and ball cap, probably in a room cooled to 68 degrees. And the fact that none of the people surrounding him said that might not be a good look Governor, tells us all we need to know about "these people".

We are just beginning to see the consequences of thinking we can do this energy "transition" off of fossil fuels to renewables. We will and it might be a good idea 20 to 30 years from now but if it is as bad as the zealots say, that will be too late. Too late for what, to adapt to a different climate? Like humans haven't been doing that in the past?

Some idiots bought into letting their power company install a "smart thermostat" and now the electric company can set your thermostat remotely to 78 degrees and you can not lower it. And that EV run by software that "the man" can control, will not allow you to use that EV if it is decided it will be bad "for the state".

This is what the climate Progressive zealots, see for your future. You must make these sacrifices for the polar bears and of course to keep Martha's Vineyard from being under water, which according to Al Gore and AOC, should have happened years ago.

Yes, the war in Europe has a lot to do with this but even without that war, this is where we were heading.

You will do your part Comrade or else!
Some should stick with their horses and buggies if it suits them. Or do without electricity as the founding fathers did.
I’m so glad oil is not a finite resource. It’s good that it’s unlimited or else some generation down the road might actually have real issues with a lack of viable energy.
I’m so glad oil is not a finite resource. It’s good that it’s unlimited or else some generation down the road might actually have real issues with a lack of viable energy. Originally Posted by 1blackman1

Gee, and Lithium for the batteries of the electric cars is unlimited? NOT Solar and Wind are not reliable power sources which Europe realizes now, too late.
Which country is the largest producer of nickel in the world?
Indonesia
NO one here bitches about bulldozing jungle in Indonesia to get the needed elements to make batteries which also require petroleum OH wait once again the shits not in my backyard lets just go pollute and ruin a rainforest that gives us oxygen. LV is not as friendly as some believe but have no fear it's going to get better after it gets really worse
Sounds like a progressive political ad "all great" as long as its good for me me me and if it's not great we are all gonna die
NICKEL PRODUCING COUNTRIES
Rank Country/Region Nickel production (tonnes)
1 Indonesia 800,000
2 Philippines 420,000
3 Russia 270,000
4 New Caledonia 220,000
Oh and 1b1 I googled the above stats so you didn't have to look them up
Progress can be reasonable & better for all but not when it's shoved down your throat
  • WTF
  • 09-08-2022, 03:42 PM
I thought the question was what YOU thought would happen....not to just parrot right wing talking points
There is unrest in many European countries now over energy cost increases. We are in for a cold winter in Europe this year. Where do you see this going?
There are also going to be large food shortages due to the situations in Holland, Canada,US, Ukraine, Sri Lanka, etc. The poorest of the world will suffer first and most intenseley. Immigration pressures will increase from poorer nations following food and a future. What will the administration's response be?

watch?v=

How is all this going to play out when it gets here? And it will get here. Originally Posted by Ducbutter

... No worrys, mate.
Sleepy Joe will have a responce - as soon as his
handlers tell him what to say....

What his responce should be is - "Drill Mates Drill!"
Which is what they're starting to say in the UK. ...

#### Salty
Some should stick with their horses and buggies if it suits them. Or do without electricity as the founding fathers did. Originally Posted by reddog1951

If it's their choice, YES, but that isn't what is happening, is it? Right now the government of Ca. has set a time table that every person must drive an EV in what, 12 years, not knowing if we will have an electrical grid capable of supporting that initiative. Does that make sense to you? And yet our Secy. of Energy is praising Ca. and a number of other states are saying they will join Ca.

And in case you haven't noticed, Ca. is saying right now with limited number of EV's, that their grid can not support this limited number. What are they going to do with millions of EV's? I'll tell you what they are going to do, they are going to demand control of your homes electrical use and they will actually have control of your EV any time they want to shut it down.

This is the future Democrats want for America?
Here's a couple things to consider.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/switz...es-this-winter

https://thatparkplace.com/italian-re...y-prices-soar/

Will these kinds of increases and reactions be widespread? I saw something claiming that there's already tens of thousands of Americans in the northeast in danger of having their power/heat disconnected. Both north America and Europe are predicted to be unsually cold this winter. The lower 48 will see snow and freezing temps in the next 10 days to two weeks. Rail workers are threatening to strike.
A large stock of butt wipe and MREs seems more prudent all the time.
To keep the record straight and FACTUAL, the California EV mandate bans the SALE of NEW cars that are not considered by that state as "zero emissions", with some allowance for hybrids and large trucks. Gas powered cars are not considered zero emissions, so they are subject to the mandate. After the mandategoes into effect, one may still own, drive and purchase a USED gas powered car within the state. One may choose to purchase a NEW gas powered car in another state and bring it to California if they wish.

Of course the mandate could be modified in the future if infrastructure deficiencies become evident. I suspect that the laws of supply and demand (and likely some state incentives) will encourage entrepreneurs to shift their focus much as buggy makers shifted to producing auto bodies in the past.

Nothing wrong with a little whining along the way, but oil barons would be wise to read the tea leaves and diversify/transition into other energy fields as the market shifts.
This is one of the u n's goals of making people dependant on their govt. The elimination of private energy companies and making state run green energy is the goal.
Moving to renewable energy and battery storage will require large changes to the electricity grid as well as to the interconnectedness of the grid. The problem we have now is that our infrastructure is still dependent on old technologies fed by fossil fuels. Moving away from them will require effort and resources.

What I see in this forum is a lot of bitching because they don't like or agree with the consequences or the effort required.

Wired has a good article on the use of battery storage during California's latest heat wave. You should give it a read to see what the future is going to look like. And yes everyone needs to play a part during this change. If that means that your thermostat is set at 78 then so be it. Be glad you have air conditioning in the first place.

https://www.wired.com/story/californ...for-batteries/
Moving to renewable energy and battery storage will require large changes to the electricity grid as well as to the interconnectedness of the grid. The problem we have now is that our infrastructure is still dependent on old technologies fed by fossil fuels. Moving away from them will require effort and resources.

What I see in this forum is a lot of bitching because they don't like or agree with the consequences or the effort required.

Wired has a good article on the use of battery storage during California's latest heat wave. You should give it a read to see what the future is going to look like. And yes everyone needs to play a part during this change. If that means that your thermostat is set at 78 then so be it. Be glad you have air conditioning in the first place.

https://www.wired.com/story/californ...for-batteries/ Originally Posted by txdot-guy
lol

kalifornua had rolling black outs and asked folks not to charge their electric vehicles at certain times. Talk about a duality of thinking.

https://www.wired.com/story/californ...for-batteries/ Originally Posted by txdot-guy
What your seeing is people recognizing that the technology you're talking about is not ready for prime time.

If your plan involves you or anyone else controling my thermostat, then no. Don't you mean " be grateful the feds allow me to use an air conditioner"?

There's a name for it when government and big industry collude to produce what the government thinks the folks should have. Anyone care to take a stab at it?