Where were you on 9/11?

Where were you when Bush was reading My Pet Goat?
  • Tiny
  • 09-11-2022, 05:55 PM
Working out in front of my television. I saw the second plane hit in real time.
Why did you have to ad your juvenile quip? It adds nothing to the discussion and only shows your crassness.
No one knew exactly what was happening until the second plane hit. Then it became obvious that in was no accident, it was a deliberate attack.

As for me, I was at my business, working. Just like millions of others.
I was in DC the night before with a delayed flight back home. That plane landed early on 9/11. Got to the office as the second plane hit.
I was at work. It was about 9:30 am when I heard about it.
Driving the children to school when #1 hit, Arrived at the school when #2 hit- and everyone there knew it was a Terrorist attack. By the time I got to work, the world had changed and nobody knew WTF was going on. We all spent the rest of the day glued to the TV trying to make some sence of it all.
At work watching the events as they happened with co-workers, and one of my friend's brother and his family were in New York City visiting the parents and other relatives there ..... the day before they went to eat at the Windows on the World restaurant at the top of one of the towers, I guess their timing and luck were with them that day ..... the next day air traffic was grounded, the airports shut down and they couldn't make their scheduled flight home .....
  • WTF
  • 09-13-2022, 11:01 AM
I was knee deep in some 22 year old puntang!

Started paying more attention after the 2nd plane hit....to the news.

We got into a mild debate when she mention how sad it was for their families and I said something along the lines of , yea but what about everyone else that dies today. Nobody will give a fuc.....plus I mentioned that flying would never be the same, gonna be hard af to board a plane after this.

She said I was selfish.

We flew to Lake Tahoe that December and after all the new check points...I asked her how selfish I was!
My 9/11
in the fall of 2001, I was working as a Nuclear Medicine Technologist at the VA Hospital in Houston. The TV in the patient waiting room was always on. I came in to get a patient when someone said, "Hey Doc, . . .you gotta see this." (I am not a doctor.). The first plane had just struck.

We all assumed that a tragic accident had happened. Someone mentioned that a bomber had crashed into the Empire State Building at one time. I came back into the waiting area about fifteen minutes later to get another patient and the second plane hit. Some old veteran there said, "Well we're at war with somebody now."

As the morning unfolded (the Pentagon, Flight 93, the collapsing towers) there was a palpable sense of frustrated anger. One patient there that day was a WW-II era Army Ranger. I will always remember his stifled anger and the silent tear; remembering the young man he once was and wishing he could rise from his wheelchair to again be the fierce warrior who had assaulted the cliffs of Pont du Hoc at dawn on D-Day.

My 9/12: The Next Day, September 12.

A Spook In The Lobby?
At the end of the workday on September 11th, 2001 we all knew that the world had changed, but it wasn't clear just how or how much. In the locker room, I chose to bring my work keys and work ID home with me . . .usually I did not.

The next day, 9-12-2001, I drove in extra early, and sure enough there was a line of cars down the street from the gate and around the corner. Someone in authority had decided that only persons with documentation would be admitted. I was working at the VA hospital in Houston, at that time a 500 bed facility, and there must have been 1,500 employees reporting to the day shift between 7 & 9 AM. Only one entrance was open. Everyone had to Validate their ID and justify their entry. Most employees had left their ID at work. Patients too were being asked to produce proof that they had business there that morning. What a mess! All of it understandable. No-one was prepared to secure the 40 acre site like a military base, yet it seemed to be the prudent thing to do. Who would have thought the World Trade Center was a military target? Was the Veteran’s hospital now a target too?

I finely got into the parking lot and through the one and only door in the front that was open. As I walked into the front lobby, I glanced up from my newspaper and saw a fit young man in a whit
My wife and I were in London. I was set to take depositions of some fine British Gentleman in a case involving Lloyd’s of London’s reinsurance of Babcock and Wilcox. It was a scary time learning about it as we wrapped up one of the depositions around 4 o’clock. In any event since we weren’t sure how long the airports in the US would remain closed or whether their was going to be an attack in Europe, the firm paid for my wife and I to stay in London an additional week. No one on the flight back to the US could rest when we did return and were hypervigilant.