Another gun thread, what do you carry?

Whether it's on your hip, in your purse, or in the glove compartment, what is your carry weapon?

Mine is a real simple Smith and Wesson M & P 9 Shield Plus. Of course it's a 9mm with a 13 round magazine. It's a very sweet firing weapon with tons of great reviews. Plus it's great bang for the buck. I've read reviews and have seen youtube videos that compares this weapon on par with the Glock and Hellcat. When you factor in the cost, it makes the decision easy for cheap dudes like myself. Now if you want to go with 8 round magazine, get the 9 Shield, not the Shield Plus and probably save another $50 for the same quality pistol, just less bullets in the weapon.

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/smit...t-thumb-safety

Ruger LCP 3701 .380
I use a soft in-pocket holster so the outline just looks like a phone in my pocket. It doesn't pack as much punch or damage as a 9mm or .40 but still effective in an emergency, especially if you use good defensive rounds (I personally prefer Hornady CD). Mag holds 6 rounds, just enough if a sicko shows up at the IGA while I'm picking up milk & eggs.
It's ideal for the ladies.
I've had it over 15 years & luckily have never had to use it.
My former # 2 carries a Sig 290 9mm, inside thigh strap, ankle strap, belt clip for the back of her jeans.

My Ex has a matched pair of Colt 38 POS revolvers.

ECG has a sig 365 38, hip holster, inside thigh strap, belt clip for the back of her jeans. She also carries a sharp, boot sheath, belt sheath.

I still carry the Colt 1911A 45 that I've mentioned before. Also now have a Sig 226 (40) that ECG bought for me after the #2 bought her the Sig 365. Both have hip holsters and clips for the back of my jeans. I also carry a sharp, boot sheath, belt sheath.

We have other items but this thread is about personal carry. The last couple years we've only had to use tools on open plains obnoxious critters. One of the reasons we also have dogs.
I still carry the Colt 1911A 45 that I've mentioned before. Also now have a Sig 226 (40) that ECG bought for me after the #2 bought her the Sig 365. Both have hip holsters and clips for the back of my jeans. I also carry a sharp, boot sheath, belt sheath.
Originally Posted by Unique_Carpenter

Is the Colt 1911A 45 you carry the one you named Vicky? That's such a beautiful weapon I would be afraid to fire her.
Yup.
She gets taken out to dance twice a year nowadays. A light oil rub down before and after and in between she purrs repeatedly until the two magazines are empty.

The Sig is my day to day carry nowadays. We all carry when at ECG's farm when outside working or riding. For some reason only a few of neighbors wonder why they don't hear coyotes as often as they used to. That's mostly rifle, but ECG knocked one down at short range with her Mossberg Shockwave 590 from horseback. The dog flushed it, short standoff, she pulled from the saddle scabbard.
Something very simple.Glock31 in 357 sig.
Ruger Max9 with green dot rmr under the shirt shoulder carry. Ruger LCP2 in the pocket. Both loaded with Lehigh Defense XD.
Winchester Model 370 Single Shot Shotgun Original Vintage. It takes me about 35 minutes to reload but I always hit the target.

If I’m hunting wabbits I might get a third shot off if the conditions are just right. Usually just after dawn.