What difference does it make now?

We can only hope the truth comes out!
  • WTF
  • 05-08-2013, 09:28 AM
We can only hope the truth comes out! Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer
The truth will come out...you numbnuts just will not believe it

The question is will there be a Scooter Libby or Ollie North emerge....
Can I quote you on that WTF?
  • WTF
  • 05-08-2013, 10:50 AM
IDK JD, can you?

Nothing big will come of this.
You can bet me if you know how to pay off a bet.
Any of you ignorant Birthers wanna make a bet.

At the very worst/best it will be something between Scooter Libby and Ollie North. It is looking more like a Scooter Libby type thing , if that bad.
  • CJ7
  • 05-08-2013, 11:33 AM
Hillary will be found guilty of not having a magic wand or a magic transporter like Star Trek

bitch is guilty guilty guilty
#1: The truth will come out...you numbnuts just will not believe it

#2: The question is will there be a Scooter Libby or Ollie North emerge.... Originally Posted by WTF
#1: It is unbelievable, don't you think?
#2: No, the question is: Will there be a Jimmy Carter?
  • WTF
  • 05-08-2013, 12:03 PM
#1: It is unbelievable, don't you think?
#2: No, the question is: Will there be a Jimmy Carter? Originally Posted by LexusLover
The answer to number two is no. Had Carter gotten elected, there would have been no talk of how bad Jimmy Carter was. That was a Business cycle that ran over Carter. Ronnie just rode the train. Volker was the conductor.

A better questin is: Will Obama be like GW Bush. That remains to be seen but there will be no Carter.
Hillary will be found guilty of not having a magic wand or a magic transporter like Star Trek

bitch is guilty guilty guilty Originally Posted by CJ7
I see we have some common ground - Hillary is indeed a bitch!!!
  • CJ7
  • 05-08-2013, 12:49 PM
I see we have some common ground - Hillary is indeed a bitch!!! Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer

I have a standing rule ... humor the children
It wasn't the business cycle that tried to regulate energy, it was Carter.
It was not the business cycle that put the speed limit at 55 mph (not really germane but I didn't like the 55 mph speed limit and the people agree with me), it was Carter.
It was not the business cycle that forced the Shah to accept Khomeini back in Iran and recognized Arafat as a leader (and thus created modern terrorism), it was Carter.
It was not the business cycle that stood by and let the Soviets invade Afghanistan without protest, it was Carter.
It wasn't the business cycle that prevented our athletes from participating in the 1980 Olympics, it was Carter.
It wasn't the business cycle that created the Community Reinvestment Act (which lead to the collapse of the housing market in 2008), it was Carter.
It wasn't the business cycle that passed legislation that allowed the credit card companies to charge confiscatory rates, it was Carter.
It wasn't the business cycle that downgraded out miltary that ships were unable to get underway, it was Carter.
It wasn't FOX News that coined the term "malaise", it was Carter.
If you think a protest would have stopped the soviets you are delusional.
  • CJ7
  • 05-08-2013, 01:58 PM
when anyone mentions Bush you go apeshit, now its all about Jimmy

snick
It was not the business cycle that put the speed limit at 55 mph (not really germane but I didn't like the 55 mph speed limit and the people agree with me), it was Carter... Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Yeah, that was quite a neat trick ol' Jimmuh pulled off, wasn't it? I mean, who knew the governor of Georgia had that kind of power? (You might want to rethink the accuracy of some of your sources before citing "facts.")

But while on the subject of Carter, it's fair to point out that it was more than just an unfortunately timed business cycle that destroyed his presidency. In 1978, he managed to exacerbate the already severe inflation/weak dollar problem by appointing perhaps the worst Fed chairman in history. (Although there are many worthy aspirants to that title!)

The following year, he was prevailed upon to task Paul Volcker with doing the heavy lifting necessary to break the back of inflation. But, of course, the situation had become so serious by then that it took almost three years to slay the inflation dragon.

It has long been my view that had he made the difficult decision to combat inflation early in his term, Carter's re-election chances would have been pretty good, because by 1980 we would have been experiencing an environment of disinflation and a strengthening dollar. He could have gotten the pain out of the way during the first two years of his term, and then would likely have enjoyed the political benefits of an improving economy by 1979-80.

It should also not be forgotten that the ascendency of the Soviet Union (not to mention Iran's new theocratic regime) was abetted by our easy money/weak dollar policies, which drove a rapid run-up in oil prices during the late 1970s.