IRS audit of Americans for politics is an afront to freedom

I have been politically aware since the late 1960s. I started young. I remember the Watergate and Nixon years. I watched the Watergate hearings all summer (and it was a hot summer without A/C) and I can see many differences. Nixon was accused of using the IRS to audit his enemies. This may have been but I remember the evidence presented was inclusive and muddled. There was not vast conspiracy that was blamed on low level bureaucrats. It was infrequent and targeted on troublesome individuals. What could not be proven was that anyone was clearly damaged by the IRS attention. The GOP did not come out in mass denying, countercharging, and then trying to change the narrative. Nixon did not have many friends.

Today on the Sunday news shows and during the last 72 hours I have heard many active democrats deny that the IRS did what they have already admitted to. Then I hear that it was purely accidental which is something else the IRS has said is not true. I was intentional and targeted on anti-Obama and Jewish groups. Finally I heard some pundits of the left say that this was a tempest in a teapot. No one went to prison, no one was fined, and no one was hurt. I also heard inactive democrats like Juan Williams, Dennis Kucinich, and Bob Beckel say that this was an atrocity and must be investigated fully. They recognize that this was not an assault on the GOP but an assault of free speech itself.

We know that the left has always been less than cordial about the 2nd amendment but they have always claimed the 1st amendment as their own. Just to be true to themselves the left must demand a thorough investigation by an independent group. Serious federal crimes have been committed by someone in the IRS and recall that this was a charge against Nixon though it did not rise to impeachment. Nixon's blocking of the investigation did rise to the level of impeachment. So you can be informed here is a link to the charges against Nixon.

http://watergate.info/impeachment/ar...of-impeachment

No one wants to defend Obama on this one, JD. I wonder why?

There is absolutely ZERO chance that the IRS issue can be tied to Obama in any manner. I know how disappointed you will be but you're just being foolish in attempting to do so.
There is absolutely ZERO chance that the IRS issue can be tied to Obama in any manner. I know how disappointed you will be but you're just being foolish in attempting to do so. Originally Posted by BigLouie

They will make sure of it.
No one wants to defend Obama on this one, JD. I wonder why?

Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy

If your morning shit doesn't go as planned it is Obie's fault. Hell it was going on a year before Shulman testified before congress and he was unaware of it .Still you blame Obie how dense are you???
The fact is the IRS falls under the control of the Executive Branch of the government.
The man in charge is Obama.
This was not done by some low level employee of the IRS.
The ultimate responsibility falls on the shoulders of the person in charge.

This IS the most corrupt administration I have ever seen in my lifetime.
The real question is, why are there so many new 501(c)4s cropping up all over that the IRS doesn't have enough manpower to thoroughly investigate every one of them? In a country with so much national debt, and yearly deficits, why is tax avoidance the #1 priority in everything we do?
didn't paula jones get audited by the IRS during the clinton 8 year debacle?

i think kathleen willy was audited too...

what a coincidence

paula jones, with a single w-2, and maybe $1.46 in interest income gets selected for an IRS audit, sort of like getting hit by lightening maybe everyday for 20 consecutive days

all the while bill and hillary were deducting 3 bucks a pair for donating his used underwear to goodwill

this time its sort of like this...IRS bureaucrats...upper echelon ones....fearing government cuts and less salary and benefits...mount an attack on conservatism....perhaps on their own,...perhaps with a wink and a nod from the administration but certainly without this adminsitration caring much.. a two fold strategy...hoping to strike favor with obama and keep the benefits coming
  • WTF
  • 05-14-2013, 08:59 AM
The real question is, why are there so many new 501(c)4s cropping up all over that the IRS doesn't have enough manpower to thoroughly investigate every one of them? In a country with so much national debt, and yearly deficits, why is tax avoidance the #1 priority in everything we do? Originally Posted by trynagetlaid
Bingo

All this tax exempt status ... The Tea Party wants the Amercian Taxpayer to fund their efforts. What pieces of shit they are. On one hand they cry about the debt, on the other hand they take tax money for their political agenda.
Bingo

All this tax exempt status ... The Tea Party wants the Amercian Taxpayer to fund their efforts. What pieces of shit they are. On one hand they cry about the debt, on the other hand they take tax money for their political agenda. Originally Posted by WTF
how the F do you take tax money by keeping your own money?

501 (c ) 4 doesnt give you a tax deduction for any reason...its just that as you collect money from like minded individuals to spend, you dont have to act like its taxable income

its like being in the kiwanis club...you dont get a tax deduction for your dues
"The Buck Stops Here" that was a sign on a democratic presidents desk (Harry Truman) and Obama fought to get the job. Kind of starting to look like he cheated to get the job now. So he has the job and buck stops with him. This about that accountability that I talked about a few months ago. It takes more than some strident harpy to screen that she is taking responsibility. If Obama is in charge (I have some doubts) then he needs to get in, find out who did what, and fire their asses for starters. Criminal prosecution is next....unless the trail will lead back to the Oval Office. After all Nixon did not order the break in at the Watergate hotel but he did participate in the cover up after the fact. This is EXACTLY where Obama finds himself if he is innocent of ordering the surveillance. That is very important. I cannot impress on you enough that if Obama knew nothing then he must act or he is following in the footsteps of Nixon. I tend to think that he is drugged out after hours and someone like Axlerod is fully knowledgable about what is going on. He is a Haldeman.
FACT JACK, Obama green lighted the profiling multiple times...........

Starting with his multiple attacks on Conservative Americans and the Tea Party..........

2009: President Barack Obama "Jokes" About Targeting Political Opponents Through the IRS

At his Arizona State University commencement speech last Wednesday, Mr. Obama noted that ASU had refused to grant him an honorary degree, citing his lack of experience, and the controversy this had caused. He then demonstrated ASU's point by remarking, "I really thought this was much ado about nothing, but I do think we all learned an important lesson. I learned never again to pick another team over the Sun Devils in my NCAA brackets. . . . President [Michael] Crowe and the Board of Regents will soon learn all about being audited by the IRS."

There is absolutely ZERO chance that the IRS issue can be tied to Obama in any manner. I know how disappointed you will be but you're just being foolish in attempting to do so. Originally Posted by BigLouie
FACT JACK, Obama green lighted the profiling multiple times...........

Starting with his multiple attacks on Conservative Americans and the Tea Party..........

2009: President Barack Obama "Jokes" About Targeting Political Opponents Through the IRS

At his Arizona State University commencement speech last Wednesday, Mr. Obama noted that ASU had refused to grant him an honorary degree, citing his lack of experience, and the controversy this had caused. He then demonstrated ASU's point by remarking, "I really thought this was much ado about nothing, but I do think we all learned an important lesson. I learned never again to pick another team over the Sun Devils in my NCAA brackets. . . . President [Michael] Crowe and the Board of Regents will soon learn all about being audited by the IRS." Originally Posted by Whirlaway

Fact Jack Link ? And I don't mean the joke . I wanna see a email txt or recorded phone call verifying this fact jack.
Lets make this short because I think it will be used quite a bit; The Buck Stops Here (TBSH)
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

Are yall watching the news?!?! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

They are DISMANTELING jay carney. Holder is about to piss himself. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ROTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

I'm lovin it!!!!!! Take that you asshole suckers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No seriously.... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

And fuck you very much one and all!! This is the best day for news in YEARS!!

Whirlaway, I saw the same thing you're talking about. He's done it more than once. How these superior fact checkers don't know this is HILARIOUS. Oh yes he did say he'd target the right, and so did his little lap doggy.. what's her name? Real fugly, short hair... she said, after the election, all their enemies would PAY. I don't like the democrats enough to look up links. Fuck em, this is too good of a day!!!