ECCIE slows and or freezes my puter

• Blaze
  • 07-29-2012, 05:10 PM
Given my membership change, I have been all over the site doing this and that. The fan on my laptop does not go off until I leave the site. If I go into chat and multiple windows open my laptop pretty much hangs up and either it an annoying super long lag or it freezes up. Any advice or suggestions?

Multiple disk cleans and even defrag'd too. Had this issue once before with the chat module on eraps, but never the site. And it was only when I used IE7
So what browser are you using now? Also, have you updated all plugins like flash? Personally I use clicktoflash to disable flash and that speeds things up well.

http://clicktoflash.com
  • Blaze
  • 07-29-2012, 09:07 PM
I always use FF. Everything is set to automatically update or at least throw up a window letting me know its time to do so. If I disabled flash, then chat couldn't load and run, right?
  • Mokoa
  • 07-29-2012, 10:03 PM
Get into the routine of doing maintenance on a regular basis. You can set Firefox to clean out its work area and cache automatically when it closes. Do so.

Also...

The following are all good free tools for keeping the computer clean and free of malicious code as well as other nasty stuff.

CCleaner

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

Revo Uninstaller

Avast! Antivirus

Zone Alarm Firewall

Yes, you must have Flash in order to use the Chat section of this site.
I always use FF. Everything is set to automatically update or at least throw up a window letting me know its time to do so. If I disabled flash, then chat couldn't load and run, right? Originally Posted by Blaze
Correct. Chat would not work. However if you disable flash and the website works fine...then what are you going to do?
  • Blaze
  • 07-30-2012, 10:08 PM
Sit and be patient and reminisce about the days of old - dial-up.

I dont have Revo or Zone Alarm.
Have the exact same problem - ECCIE is very slow. To fix the problem, before going on eccie, in internet explorer security, I set the security to HIGH. Then eccie web site run fast as it should. The only issue is a message 'an add-on' for this web site failed to run.I've tried several virus scan programs which didn't find anything.The only downside to this solution is I must set security back to normal for some sites.What does ECCIE have on its web site that causes this problem?
I have updated my adobe flash, and found out Chrome and FireFox is incompatable with ECCIE because of the banners.
The banners make the page load up slow.
My solution was to update my Exploerer9 and Adobe Flash. Now it everything works just fine.