Cannonball Adderly
Nina Simone
gil scott heron
Roy Ayers
Stanley Clarke-School Days is my favorite
Philadelphia Experiment
St. Germain
You have covered it.
Can we add blues in as well? The same artists often blur the lines.
B.B.King
Booker T and the M.G.s
Robert Cray
Muddy Waters
Blues Brothers (okay, they were a cover band, but they were really pretty good!)
Im not heavy into jazz.but I do like john Coltrane.
I agree with all those listed above. I would add Bill Evans, Chick Corea and Keith Jarrett. So many greats. I personally love almost all the old Blue Note stuff. The one thing I miss having moved from the West Coast to NWA is the lack of jazz venues.
I love jazz, so relaxing and soothing! But my favorite relaxing music is emancipator music. Loveeeee it beyond words!!
I agree with all those listed above. I would add Bill Evans, Chick Corea and Keith Jarrett. So many greats. I personally love almost all the old Blue Note stuff. The one thing I miss having moved from the West Coast to NWA is the lack of jazz venues. Originally Posted by country gentleman
Yeah I moved from Chicago and the lack of jazz venues is ridiculous. Yeah Blue Note is pretty much the standard label to look at.
I love jazz, so relaxing and soothing! But my favorite relaxing music is emancipator music. Loveeeee it beyond words!! Originally Posted by BabyDallass
Emancipator is relaxing, but then again so are you Dallas
Can we add blues in as well? The same artists often blur the lines.
B.B.King
Booker T and the M.G.s
Robert Cray
Muddy Waters
Blues Brothers (okay, they were a cover band, but they were really pretty good!) Originally Posted by Omerta
Well isn't the Blues pretty much the backbone of most music anyway. Besides like country....
I wanted to go to the Preservation Hall in the french quarter for Jazz the last time I was in New Orleans. Anyone ever been there? If so how was it?
Stanley Turrentine

Larry Carlton

Surprised not to see the Oscar Peterson Trio - Night Train

But my all time fav jazz album is Night Lights - Gerry Mulligan. It's a whole fifth of tequila or two bottles of red kind of album.
Surprised not to see the Oscar Peterson Trio - Night Train

But my all time fav jazz album is Night Lights - Gerry Mulligan. It's a whole fifth of tequila or two bottles of red kind of album. Originally Posted by shakenmartini45
Thanks forgot Oscar but really hadn't heard much from Gerry Mulligan. I enjoy it a lot.
Well isn't the Blues pretty much the backbone of most music anyway. Originally Posted by Freaklo1979
Good point. To me, jazz is about being relaxed, happy, etc. It's a music that speaks to the intellect. Blues is of the challenges, the struggles, the pain. It's a music that speaks to the soul.

But for jazz artists, how about Woody Herman?
Can we add blues in as well? The same artists often blur the lines... Originally Posted by Omerta
I love going to see the James Govan band live in Memphis. They play at the Rum Boogie Cafe on Beale street. It's been too long, need to go back.