Mobile Mechanic ?

Was wondering if anyone knows or can recommend a good mobile mechanic that services the inner loop?

Thanks!

There all scam artist. Just my humble opinion. Your better off just towing the car to a good mechanic.
  • Rezo
  • 04-15-2011, 09:21 AM
Been a while since I last spoke with them but a friend I knew was thanking her lucky stars she got a hold of this guy. Swore she wouldn't take her car anywhere else until he at least looked at it first.

http://www.wecome2you.net

I prefer a shop but a mobile mechanic does have it's advantages if the problem is minor and you don't want to wait on a garage. A garage is going to have all the equipment a mobile mechanic can't carry around in his van.
There all scam artist. Just my humble opinion. Your better off just towing the car to a good mechanic. Originally Posted by Mr Clever
Interesting. I did not know that. I have never used one before.
Been a while since I last spoke with them but a friend I knew was thanking her lucky stars she got a hold of this guy. Swore she wouldn't take her car anywhere else until he at least looked at it first.

http://www.wecome2you.net

I prefer a shop but a mobile mechanic does have it's advantages if the problem is minor and you don't want to wait on a garage. A garage is going to have all the equipment a mobile mechanic can't carry around in his van. Originally Posted by Rezo
Thanks. My dad said it sounds like the starter needs to be replaced so this guy may work. I really hate the thought of having to tow my car anywhere.
... sounds like the starter needs to be replaced ..... Originally Posted by Brooke Wild
Did you get MAACO to under spray it?
There all scam artist. Just my humble opinion. Your better off just towing the car to a good mechanic. Originally Posted by Mr Clever
Again sage advice, but all the money is on BW not listening...
i have a wrench, 1/2 or so, some friends have 1/4-1/3... they never want to bring their tools to get together.
I’m bumping this thread because I need a mobile mechanic again.

I found a great guy back in April when I posted this thread who purchased and installed my starter for only $100 at my location, but now that I need his services again I can't find his card.

What I need is a 250 Amp high output alternator purchased and installed ASAP.

If you or anyone you know are a mobile mechanic and can get this job done Sunday please contact me.

Thanks!
  • Trey
  • 12-10-2011, 10:40 PM
Wow 100 for a starter installed is a good deal and he did it at your location, and it worked. You were very lucky, should have got all the contact info you could saved it in your phone. As said a lot of them run scams but I found a Mobil computer repair that was good one other guy tried to rip me off though. I knew what was wrong with it but let him tell me what he thought so I could see if he was BS, he was and got sent on his way. Next guy fixed what I needed 40 bucks later all was good. Good luck and be careful a lady is seen as easy game in car repair.

Also think about buying the part yourself.
250 amps dam what is it on a semi?
Wow 100 for a starter installed is a good deal and he did it at your location, and it worked. You were very lucky, should have got all the contact info you could saved it in your phone. As said a lot of them run scams but I found a Mobil computer repair that was good one other guy tried to rip me off though. I knew what was wrong with it but let him tell me what he thought so I could see if he was BS, he was and got sent on his way. Next guy fixed what I needed 40 bucks later all was good. Good luck and be careful a lady is seen as easy game in car repair.

Also think about buying the part yourself. Originally Posted by trey
Yeah he was a really nice guy. Came to my place, took the starter out, we went to autozone and he turned my in and got the new one (it was like $50 bucks). Then he charged me $50 to put in it.

That was in April and there have been no problems since. Trust me I wish I would have saved his number. I know where he works (not an automotive shop ... he does this on the side) but he wont be at work till tomorrow.

I called NTB about getting this done there today and they want 330.00 for the part and 170.00 for the install. I think I will just go to this guys job tomorrow and see when he can get me taken care of.
250 amps dam what is it on a semi? Originally Posted by fishingtwo

There is a lot of aftermarket electronic equipment in the car.