Give me some advice on Chicago, please!

Hey friends,
I'll be visiting Chicago soon and am looking for some fun things to do at night. We already have dinner reservations, but as I'm long overdue for a vacation, I need some fun suggestions for places to go afterwards: lounges, live music venues, quirky bars, etc.
Anyone have ideas?
xx
I strongly suggest going to O'Hare and getting on AA 153 or UA 881. I have been to Chicago too many times to contemplate and have never found anything to do that is more fun. ;-)

-Ww
Let me guess. Those flights go to Tokyo. Right?
Let me guess. Those flights go to Tokyo. Right? Originally Posted by pjorourke
An iron grip on the obvious is one of your strong points (and a greatly underrated virtue).

-Ww
If you like gutbucket blues in the company of a cross section of society, Buddy Guy's place downtown. Ribs, collards, mac & cheese, long neck beer and great sounds.
For the evening -- The original Second City Comedy troupe -- suggest tix in advance, which I think are pretty reasonable, about $20 maybe less

During the day -- a Cubs game at Wrigley (of course bleacher seats) or across the way on a rooftop -- Google something like 'wrigley field rooftops' -- prices and packages will vary -- either way a can't miss.

JB is on target, too...but that said there are a ton of no-name places with cheap drinks and great music...

As you can probably tell that is more my scene than some fancy club of the week.....
For the evening -- The original Second City Comedy troupe -- suggest tix in advance, which I think are pretty reasonable, about $20 maybe less

During the day -- a Cubs game at Wrigley (of course bleacher seats) or across the way on a rooftop -- Google something like 'wrigley field rooftops' -- prices and packages will vary -- either way a can't miss.

JB is on target, too...but that said there are a ton of no-name places with cheap drinks and great music...

As you can probably tell that is more my scene than some fancy club of the week..... Originally Posted by atlcomedy
Me too, generally.
I strongly suggest going to O'Hare and getting on AA 153 or UA 881. I have been to Chicago too many times to contemplate and have never found anything to do that is more fun. ;-)

-Ww Originally Posted by Wwanderer
It's still UA881? Fond memories of that flight. Do they still serve Dom Perignon in first class?
It's still UA881? Fond memories of that flight. Do they still serve Dom Perignon in first class? Originally Posted by discreetgent
That is still the flight number (I checked), but I don't know if they still do the Dom Perignon because I stopped flying to Tokyo through Chicago a few (five?) years ago. If it has gone the way of most aspects of air travel, the champagne has probably been replaced with a (cheap) white wine spritzer by now.

-Ww
Ask Barack!