Request for Advice- Cell phone records

I have been stealthily enjoying the hobby for several years now. Recently, my significant other and I pooled our cell phone plans to save money. The only drawback to the significant cost savings is that she can now see the numbers called and received on every phone on our plan. Texted numbers too. This makes the numerous calls to and from providers problematic. Aside from picking up a secret "hobby only" phone, is there any workaround solution to this issue? P.M. me any suggestions or post them on the thread. Thanks all, and play safe out there!
google voice
I second Google voice.

Plus, with Google voice, you can continuously change your number if you feel the need to.

Personally, I find Google voice to be difficult to navigate but I have friends who swear by it. Remember, though, if you turn on Google voice to your phone, be sure to turn it back off when you're done!

What is nice about that service is all of your messages, and texts, are transcribed and save to your online inbox. That's a cool feature. Or a curse depending on how savvy you are about hiding things.

Good luck. Be safe. If you decide to purchase a cheap throw away phone, hide it well and only turn it on when you're about to meet someone or have to give a lady a call.

google voice Originally Posted by DestinyInKC
+1
Don't providers get spooked about numbers with weird prefixes?
Don't providers get spooked about numbers with weird prefixes? Originally Posted by jcurley
Yes. But I was able to get one that reflected the area in which I was located. 214 (Dallas) when I did it.
"I did it for me. I liked it. I was good at it. And I was really. . . I was alive."

- Walter White (Breaking Bad)
Mr. White would have been better off with a google phone. That burner got him in a bit of trouble.

Yes. But I was able to get one that reflected the area in which I was located. 214 (Dallas) when I did it. Originally Posted by ElisabethWhispers
Or you could get another phone. Like a trac phone from walmart for $20. Stash it somewhere. Garage or shed etc.
I would not recommend Google Voice because it is 100% guaranteed their records go to a government agency. I know this for a fact. Right now your hobby activity may be acceptable or not of interest, but who knows in the future.

A burner cell in which you make only local calls offers the least amount of risk. I would also advise replacing it every 3 to 6 months, changing providers.
Thanks for the responses. I have played around with Google Voice this evening and am still unsure of its safe usage (I am not technologically gifted). I will probably invest in a tracphone and use it only for "covert ops" .
Be careful out there!
A Tracphone is cheap and easy, but as R. Stone Jr. said, you will have a hard time explaining it if the SO should ever find it. If you are 100% sure it won't be found and connected to you, that's your safest bet. If there is a possibility that she will find it and ask "Why is there a disposable phone with a hooker's phone number in it?" you may want to consider Google Voice or a similar app (like Burner).

If you expect your SO to have access to the phone itself (not just the account), she may see the Google Voice app. If you are worried about that, you can install it when you need it and then delete it when done. That can be a pain. Also, make sure it isn't connected to your personal GMail account. make a new Google account that isn't associated with your main one.
Trade-in your SO for one more understanding of your hobby.
Google is not good for this world of ours. Your use of GV will show as Calls To and Calls received in the Call Details Report of your phone account.

I have gone to a text-only number that is web-based. Between email and texting I have had no problems communicating with a Lady.
Google is not good for this world of ours. Your use of GV will show as Calls To and Calls received in the Call Details Report of your phone account.

I have gone to a text-only number that is web-based. Between email and texting I have had no problems communicating with a Lady. Originally Posted by jframe2
that's what i have read - calls and from to the google voice system will show on the phone calls made/received!

it at all possible, use a different phone.
and when you decide to ditch it in favor of a new "burner" phone,
please recycle it or donate it to some agency or organization that can use it or resell it.

environmental PSA sponsored by "keep hobbying green"
  • Modda
  • 10-23-2013, 01:55 PM
Calling using GV when not on wireless network will use your mobile minutes and can be tracked easily based on your current situation. Use PINGER, its free and calls esp when on 3G network is very annoying, but the minutes are free and more ads use watch on pinger the more minutes you get. PINGER support txt and voice including sharing pictures. You can put the PINGER app in silent mode anytime, drawback is you need to hide the app on your smart phone (if you SO uses your phone).