Provider's "work" phones

• Vyt
  • 05-20-2010, 01:14 PM
Get a pre-paid cell phone. Pretty much anything on this list. Buy minutes with a pre-paid card.
Tracfone doesn't need a social. You can activate it online with bogus information.
Buy a Tracfone and minute cards with cash at any of the drug or discount stores. Activate the tracfone at any pay phone. Give the correct zip code for your area when prompted but skip or put bogus info in the rest, it wont effect your service.
Always use cash and pay phones.
Tess
I bought a Verizon phone from Walmart. It was cheap and I only had to put in a zip. Nothing else.
Tracfone (or similar) is the way to go as Tess says. I only wish I had got a little better phone that is easier to text with. A lot of providers like to text and it is a little difficult for an old timer like me to text on a cheap phone.
AT&T prepaid at Walmart. Pay cash. Activate online. If you don't want them to have a valid IP address, use a wifi hotspot. Write down the phony info you give in case you lose the phone and want to recover your phone number or cancel the phone number.

Get a "rechargeable" airtime card from Walmart or 7-11. You have to type in the numbers one time. After that, just go to WW or 7-11 and give them cash and the card, and your new minutes will show up in 1 minute or less.

They use SIM cards, unlike some phones. If you mess up the phone, you can buy a new AT&T prepaid phone, switch the SIM card and have a new or better phone. The SIM card is about the size of half a stick of gum. You can remove the SIM card and hide it separate from the phone.

Multiple plans. Flat 25 cents a minute. $1 a day plus 10 cents per minute. $3 per day unlimited talk. $60 per month unlimited. You get royally screwed for text or data on most plans. Minutes expire after 90 days for $25 or higher cards, 1 year for $100 cards and rollover if you renew before they expire.
From what I've been told, you don't have to have a prepaid att phone, you can use any att phone. I bought a prepaid one because of another reason, not related to the hobby, and it sucks at texting. When I asked which phone I can upgrade to, they said any att or unlocked gsm phone, except for Blackberry or iPhone.
From what I've been told, you don't have to have a prepaid att phone, you can use any att phone. I bought a prepaid one because of another reason, not related to the hobby, and it sucks at texting. When I asked which phone I can upgrade to, they said any att or unlocked gsm phone, except for Blackberry or iPhone. Originally Posted by davester
That matches my experience. It might actually work on iPhone, as long as you know how to open the secret SIM compartment.

Of course, AT&T may decide to fuck this up in the future at any time, or you may just have a glitch on some phone combinations. Did I mention that all cell phone companies are scumbags who suck diseased donkey dicks?
By the way, those of you who use Tracfone make sure to google for promotional codes when you add airtime. I got a bunch of extra minutes and days just by entering a code I found online.
I prefer Virgin Mobile, you can register it online with fake info. They also have unlimited minutes a month plans that are prepaid.

xoxo Sophie