The name we dare not speak...STD

I love BBBJ and I love the women who give them. They are a mainstay of the hobby environment. While we all respect CFS, what should occur if a STD "pops up" from the oral experience? Should we stay mum for fear of outing either a provider or a client? We all want to be safe in the playground, is this just the cost of doing business and having fun? I appreciate provider and client comments.
It's kind of a touchy subject, since the rules state that you can only discuss medical situations if they pertain directly to you and no one else.

Mods -- If I'm wrong, please correct me.
it's the thing that keeps me a low volume hobbyist. ...well, that and $$$$'s.
but there's sure no guarantees.
anyway my tastes never really left 7th grade, so maybe that's safer. i hope so anyway
Honestly there's always a risk. I get testing every 14 days but I always fear someone might not be as clean as they think they are. If something does pop up I'd like to know and exact that other person would like to know as well. That doesn't mean jump in the ML and put said provider on blast. That conversation should be left between the two people involved and maybe (MAYBE) a mod if you so feel that provider/client is a threat to others
There have been numerous discussions over the years about the possibilities of contracting an STD orally and from all that I've read, the risk is minimal.

However, Ginger is correct. Making a statement of I saw X and I got a bbbj and std is tantamount to outing someone. In addition, it would probably have a tendency to make you toxic to any legitimate provider
An STD isnt anything to play with. I think if you know FOR SURE you have an STD and you are 100% sure it came from a provider, you need to first let that provider know so she can take care of herself. If you see the provider doesnt care about the risky situation and continues to offer appointments, then i say let the community know there is a risky provider by starting a thread and letting people know the details via PM.
I definitely think that info concerning these types of problems should be shared, as well – it has the potential to adversely affect us all. I'm clarifying, because my previous post could easily be misinterpreted.

We just have to be careful how it's done, to avoid breaking the rules of the community.
I love BBBJ and I love the women who give them. They are a mainstay of the hobby environment. While we all respect CFS, what should occur if a STD "pops up" from the oral experience? Should we stay mum for fear of outing either a provider or a client? We all want to be safe in the playground, is this just the cost of doing business and having fun? I appreciate provider and client comments. Originally Posted by bluetone
You can always take it to PM thus avoiding the publicity and alerting the members.

But just make sure you do not PM one of her mindless white knights or they will RTM that PM like the worthless eighth of a man they really are..
Just say, "I got herpes from a Verified Provider here, PM me for details"...'nuff said...
Just say, "I got herpes from a Verified Provider here, PM me for details"...'nuff said... Originally Posted by Wakeuр
^this...but she should know as well so she's not getting attacked by random clients claiming she's dirty
So yes, the transmission of STDs by oral is lower than vaginal/anal. However, gonorrhea, syphilis, herpes, and HPV can all be passed this route. There are reports of HIV but this is incredibly rare. Keep getting tested and play safe folks!
Another thought regarding this subject, and in no way is this directed at the OP or his specific situation... But, just generally speaking -- would this not be an opportunity to damage a provider/provider's reputation that one just doesn't care for? A witch hunt, so to speak. Motivations are not always what they appear to be...sometimes there are agendas that go well beyond the issues that are formally addressed.

Perhaps this is the reason that medical issues are a forbidden topic.
People say things to hurt others just because they don't agree on something
Double edged sword. First the right thing is to be truthful and if you get the (insert STD here) then would it not be in the best interest of the people in the hobby to let it be known? Sure her business will be impacted but such is a risk of the hobby is it not?

And the flip side... I am sure some trick/pimp/hooker/who knows at one point in time has done this to some trick/hooker/pimp/who knows just to get even with them for some unknown wrong the accused did (or what ever reason they cook up) which would be why it is a nuclear subject here (well besides creating mass hysteria)..

So the best way to do this if it actually happens to either a customer or provider would be via PM. Thankfully a lot is exchanged via PM here. Less drama that way.
...would this not be an opportunity to damage a provider/provider's reputation that one just doesn't care for? A witch hunt, so to speak... Originally Posted by Ginger Doll
Expanding on my earlier post... the type of person who would vindictively invent such things usually has already put their credibility (or lack of) on display via their post history. Research of 'the source' will greatly help the average reader determine whether they should give outlandish accusations delivered via private channels any credence.