Cycling White Rock Lake

So I am trying to lose weight and get back into something that I loved so long ago. I have been doing some short rides in the evenings( 5 miles) and now I want a different venue with more distance. I have never been to White Rock so I was wondering if I could get some tips. Assuming that there are cyclists among us. I have read that most cyclist take to the road rather than the trail? If so how is the road condition?
  • BLM69
  • 10-06-2017, 09:12 AM
I've done the trail many times in the past, it's a 10 mile ride from what I recall, I have seen people riding the street but I prefer the scenery of the trail/lake
Ok during the week. Incredibly crowded in the weekend.
Ok during the week. Incredibly crowded in the weekend. Originally Posted by TexTushHog
Planning on 7 am tomorrow so I hope I beat the masses.
I absolutely love the trail!!! It’s so peaceful and beautiful!!
Enjoy!!
On my way there now!!
OP, go get ya' an incense burner and some chit from one of these skinny ass providers we see advertising if you need to lose weight. These gals make money but cant afford a Mickey D's double cheeseburger..

Yield to the fags @ WRL.... Ya'll need to peddle your happy asses over to Fort Worth and ride the bike trail from Benbrook Lake parallel to the Trinity River down to Trinity Park in downtown Fort Worth or the bike trails out on Lake Worth... I would not advise going to Gateway Park off of Beach St. there's a bunch of wierdo's there too..
Years back I rode and ran at Whiterock consistanly. When I moved to Fort Worth in 93 Whiterock was one of the few things I missed. One thing about riding on the trail is you have to respectful of the folks walking. Mom's with strollers, little kids not on a leash are very prone to stepping right in front of you. A man on a bicycle even going slow can do a lot of damage to an inattentive 3-year-old. That's why most of the "cyclist" ride in the street. Just before I left Dallas a woman cyclist was killed by an inattentive driver on the east side of the lake. Paying attention is very important obviously.

When you get to the point where 40 or so miles doesn't intimidate you the ride around Lake Lavon is really pleasant this time of year. If memory serves me it's about a 45-mile loop.