I Was Watching a Thing on Charles Manson Last Weekend...

....and it took me back about 35 years, to when I first read Helter Skelter. Manson's prediction was of an apocalyptic racial conflict, the winners of which would unfortunately find themselves completely unqualified to govern the world they had taken over.

Aside from the fact that (as far as I know) Charlie hasn't yet received that call from The White House, begging him to come and run the show, does anyone else now find his ravings to have been eerily prophetic?
....and it took me back about 35 years, to when I first read Helter Skelter. Manson's prediction was of an apocalyptic racial conflict, the winners of which would unfortunately find themselves completely unqualified to govern the world they had taken over.

Aside from the fact that (as far as I know) Charlie hasn't yet received that call from The White House, begging him to come and run the show, does anyone else now find his ravings to have been eerily prophetic? Originally Posted by roaringfork
No
Most people aren't that screwed up, You want to quote some things out the Turner Diaries too while your at it.
Tell all these nice white folks what's going to happen to them for sexing with them blacks, they'll be strange fruit indeed.
No
Most people aren't that screwed up, You want to quote some things out the Turner Diaries too while your at it.
Tell all these nice white folks what's going to happen to them for sexing with them blacks, they'll be strange fruit indeed. Originally Posted by dreamvacationdates
So where do you get off, referring to a biracial person as a "strange fruit?" I thought we'd finally gotten past these homophobic slurs.

By the way, I've probably already spent a couple of thousand dollars on the kind of sexing you're talking about (assuming blowjobs count).

Aside from the fact that (as far as I know) Charlie hasn't yet received that call from The White House, begging him to come and run the show, does anyone else now find his ravings to have been eerily prophetic? Originally Posted by roaringfork
Anyone who finds a certified lunatic like Charles Manson to be "eerily prophetic," needs to have their friggin' head examined.

What is "a thing" and how do you watch it?

Charles Manson has never said anything remotely prophetic in his life. He was a stone cold racist killer and wanted to start a race war.

If you are interested in anything he has to say, that tells us a lot of bad things about you.
If you are interested in anything he has to say, that tells us a lot of bad things about you. Originally Posted by ExNYer
+1
Actually I read Helter Skelter many years ago and Charles Manson and his followers did believe a race war could be started. That is why they committed the murders of Sharon Tate and the LaBiancas. They wanted the murders to be blamed on black people. White people would be angry and black people would react violently. Now this doesn't make sense to us but Charlie was crazy. The violent black people would kill all the white people and find themselves running the country. According to Manson, the black people would be incapable of running the country and would look around for some white people to do it. Thats when Charlie and his family would come down out of the hills. Just knowing these facts does not mean an endorsement unless you are kind of stupid. Vincent Bugliosi wrote the book and prosecuted Manson.
So where do you get off, referring to a biracial person as a "strange fruit?" I thought we'd finally gotten past these homophobic slurs.

By the way, I've probably already spent a couple of thousand dollars on the kind of sexing you're talking about (assuming blowjobs count). Originally Posted by roaringfork
You have no idea what I was referencing when i used the term Strange Fruit, and you don't know anything about the Turner Diaries, because you'll be one of those Strange Fruit.

Let me make it easy for you, It's a song sung by Billie Holiday, here is the lyrics

"Southern trees bear a strange fruit,
Blood on the leaves and blood at the root,
Black bodies swinging in the southern breeze,
Strange fruit hanging from the poplar trees.

Pastoral scene of the gallant south,
The bulging eyes and the twisted mouth,
Scent of magnolias, sweet and fresh,
Then the sudden smell of burning flesh.

Here is fruit for the crows to pluck,
For the rain to gather, for the wind to suck,
For the sun to rot, for the trees to drop,
Here is a strange and bitter crop."
Tell all these nice white folks what's going to happen to them for sexing with them blacks, they'll be strange fruit indeed. Originally Posted by dreamvacationdates
Hopefully, one day people who think like you will have been bred out of the human race, so that those of us who prefer that relationships not be based on race or skin color will not have to be subjected to your way of seeing and describing the world.

The above statement has nothing to do with the Billie Holiday song ..

.... other than stealing some words from it.

"Sexing" and "lynching" or not the same, although perhaps at your agency they are.
You have no idea what I was referencing when i used the term Strange Fruit, and you don't know anything about the Turner Diaries, because you'll be one of those Strange Fruit.

Let me make it easy for you, It's a song sung by Billie Holiday, here is the lyrics

"Southern trees bear a strange fruit,
Blood on the leaves and blood at the root,
Black bodies swinging in the southern breeze,
Strange fruit hanging from the poplar trees.

Pastoral scene of the gallant south,
The bulging eyes and the twisted mouth,
Scent of magnolias, sweet and fresh,
Then the sudden smell of burning flesh.

Here is fruit for the crows to pluck,
For the rain to gather, for the wind to suck,
For the sun to rot, for the trees to drop,
Here is a strange and bitter crop." Originally Posted by dreamvacationdates
Saw and read it several years before you posted it, daydreamer. It actually started out as a poem written by Abel Meeropol before it was adapted to a song. Meeropol was white, Jewish and a Communist.
Hey IBHillbilly --

How can you be both white AND Jewish? You dumb-fuck golem jackass!

That said, I continue to be amazed at your ability to call everybody names -- even posters to whom you've never responded.

We all know what colors you're flying!
Actually the murders were a (just as insane) plot to try and
lead law enforcement away from another murder committed by
manson family member Bobby Beausoleil, who had killed a drug
dealer under mansons orders. Manson actually only directed him
to get money owed to him by the dealer, Beausoleil went to
far and killed him.

The whole race war thing was just something manson used
for controlling his followers, the prosecution and media picked
up on it also because it was more sensational.

Manson also never got his hands dirty by killing anyone himself,
just directing his followers to kill.

Welcome. You're gonna fit right in here with some of the other wing'tards because you are obviously one sick puppy.
Welcome. You're gonna fit right in here with some of the other wing'tards because you are obviously one sick puppy. Originally Posted by timpage
Geeezz, give the guy a break.

I think he was just talking in general terms about how there
still seems to be racial tension in this country, a continuing
problem. Not a threat of some imminent race war or something.
Saw and read it several years before you posted it, daydreamer. It actually started out as a poem written by Abel Meeropol before it was adapted to a song. Meeropol was white, Jewish and a Communist. Originally Posted by I B Hankering
And your point being, I heard the song over 40 years ago, so you got a problem with white jewish communist, or Jews, or Communist or a combination thereof
so where would you be on according to the turner diaries on the day of the rope.
"Today has been the Day of the Rope — a grim and bloody day, but an unavoidable one. Tonight, from tens of thousands of lampposts, power poles, and trees throughout this vast metropolitan area the grisly forms hang. Even the street signs at intersections have been pressed into service, and at practically every street corner I passed this evening on my way to HQ there was a dangling corpse, four at every intersection. Hanging from a single overpass only about a mile from here is a group of about 30, each with an identical placard around its neck bearing the printed legend, "I betrayed my race." Two or three of that group had been decked out in academic robes before they were strung up, and the whole batch are apparently faculty members from the nearby UCLA campus. …The first thing I saw in the moonlight was the placard with its legend in large, block letters: "I defiled my race." Above the placard leered the horribly bloated, purplish face of a young woman, her eyes wide open and bulging, her mouth agape. Finally I could make out the thin, vertical line of rope disappearing into the branches above. I shuddered and quickly went on my way. There are many thousands of hanging female corpses like that in this city tonight, all wearing identical placards around their necks. They are the White women who were married to or living with Blacks, with Jews, or with other non-White males. There are also a number of men wearing the l-defiled-my-race placard, but the women easily outnumber them seven or eight to one. On the other hand, about ninety per cent of the corpses with the I-betrayed-my-race placards are men, and overall the sexes seem to be roughly balanced. Those wearing the latter placards are the politicians, the lawyers, the businessmen, the TV newscasters, the newspaper reporters and editors, the judges, the teachers, the school officials, the "civic leaders", the bureaucrats, the preachers, and all the others who, for reasons of career or status or votes or whatever, helped promote or implement the System's racial program."