How to become a MOD

I was having a beer with one of my Eccie buddies and he asked me how does someone becomes a MOD. I told him that I have no idea.

He wanted to post the question in CoEd but his phone broke and he asked me to do it for him.

Didn't Nuggie and Doc buck for it really hard but got fired?
I assume you have to be a rw friend of a mod to get it. Or maybe pretend your one like Doc till they give it to you for a 3 day weekend.
You could promote your big blue weenie and it's ass-plowing predilections until the higher-ups take notice.
I'd Send an Email to the Forum Administrator and apply:
https://www.eccie.net/sendmessage.php

but my handle isn't Fun2MOD
People who want to become Mods so they may "fix thing" often do not make good Mods. We saw some of those in the past who also took advantage of their positions.

The last two times Austin had openings, Admin reached out to some, asking if they were interested. It's not the other way around from what I could see. One local guy was designated a Mod and they brought in a "hired gun" from Houston, someone who didn't have any personal stake in Austin board politics or meeting Austin ladies.

WRT as to whether YOUR FRIEND would make a good Mod: He should ask himself if he has been objective and non-controversial in postings? Does he get involved in petty board bickering and politics, getting other members fired up over positions he has taken? Involved with petty bickering on the boards, etc.?
Nope, wasn't me. Not interested, esp for the pay offered. lol
....WRT as to whether YOUR FRIEND would make a good Mod: He should ask himself if he has been objective and non-controversial in postings? Does he get involved in petty board bickering and politics, getting other members fired up over positions he has taken? Involved with petty bickering on the boards, etc.? Originally Posted by BugleBoy
They let me anyway......I have pages of points and multiple bans.
They let me anyway......I have pages of points and multiple bans. Originally Posted by dearhunter
Must be your classic witty humor.
They let me anyway......I have pages of points and multiple bans. Originally Posted by dearhunter
Well when you are an Eccie god ... you can play dice

or club Baby Seals , whatever makes you happy
Don't forget the obvious. You can pay to be one.
(Or what they call Mod-Anal) ..... so I read....
I have no friends on staff...my moderatorship was given to me for a very specific purpose. One I didn't ask for, but one I've embraced...
I passed along to my Eccie friend. He said that he thinks I would be a great mod. I blushed. He suggested that I should drop the hint and email St. C.

Right now I'm too busy to be a mod. Maybe a part time mod but I really have no aspirations to be a mod. If was his idea that I should audition to be one.
I have no friends on staff...my moderatorship was given to me for a very specific purpose. One I didn't ask for, but one I've embraced... Originally Posted by Wakeup
Wasn't there a game show that was like your forum? Yeah I thinck it was called name that ThreAD! (edited by - dh). Never did catch on like Wheel of a Fortune did it?