Another pet question....

Are there lakes in the Dallas area where humans and pets are permitted to swim together?

My one dog will go into the water a little bit but I want to try and get her to swim and I think that if I go in the water with her then she will be more likely to also.

I am not really sure about the rules in the parks regarding swimming for humans and pets.

I appreciate any information
  • hd
  • 03-05-2013, 07:32 AM
I believe no people swimming in places like White Rock Lake or similar city lakes and ponds, I'm sure it's allowed for dogs. People and dogs would be allowed on the larger lakes, Grapevine, Ray Hubbard, Lewisville, etc.Any place that allows motor boats and skiing.
Take a trip to Grapevine, they have plenty of park space that is very accessible to the water. Now this might sound silly, but your dog might still have to be on a leash when in the water with you. Yes on a leash, cities have ver strict leash laws and well we are talking about a local government and they have no common sense when it comes to our rights and freedoms.
The Mockingbird Dog Park has a great area for dog swimming, but humans are NOT allowed to swim in WR lake....

Grapevine Lake is a great option for swimming with your dog............and Fido can be off leash if he is well behaved (at least that is my experience).....