How to Not Get Caught by Your SO...

I scheduled a short notice appointment yesterday with someone I had seen before. There was only 30 mins from the time scheduled until the appointment. A few minutes after the scheduled time I ask where they are. Radio silence. This morning I get a text saying their SO found their phone. My first reaction was "how could you be so careless?". But then I thought maybe some people just don't know any better. So I decided that we should make a warning/ preventative list of "how to not get caught by your SO".

1) If you have a hobby phone, tell your SO that it is your work phone.
2) if you MUST save providers numbers, change the name to one of your co-workers names.
3) Delete, Delete, Delete! Delete your text messages!!
4) Keep your conversations G rated and very basic so that if you forget to delete, it could be seen as scheduling a meeting or conference call. Or if you are a blue collar worker, setting up a job.
5) Keep your phone off around your SO. If they ask why, tell them you want them to have your undivided attention and don't want work to get in the way.
6) Clear your browser or use incognito or private browsing so your SO does not find this site.

I'm sure there is more but that's what you guys are here for! How do you keep you SO from becoming suspicious?
Brainstorm! Help your fellow hobbyists!
XOXO
JP
Think with your big head first! I don't deviate from my normal routine. I schedule my appointments around my work schedule and don't play during my home time. Thankfully, I have job with a lot of flexibility which allows me to play easier. Plus, what JP said.
  • ktiix
  • 09-04-2014, 11:41 AM
I made an app for burner androids about two years ago, that deleted calls in/out, texts, and browser history automatically. This was for gamblers at the time. I should see if I can find the old API's and see if eclipse still works, might be able to play hero for some of the forgetful sorts.
Go pro sms. It allows for a private inbox that can be password protected and have no notifications. Also once a number is out into private or stays thei. Meaning if the text messages are deleted and the provider text it automatically goes into the private box. Replying through the app (if one has Google voice) uses that number not the real number.
I still think cyber dust needs to become highly used. Disappearing texts. I phone number. Screen shots on android aren't allowed and on iPhones they don't show a name it's just the text.
Easier still, just out yourself. They'll either leave or let you know how special you really are to them. Sure simplified my life. Our deal is don't ask, don't tell FYI
Technology has changed a lot since this was first posted 12 years ago, but I still say it is a must-read for any married man in the hobby:

32Flavors' Hobby Primer for the Married Man

This single essential post has saved many men, myself included. Read it. Live by it.
If you're going to cheat, why even let your SO know you have a second phone?

As Mtabsw suggested, I think the simplest (in the long run) and most honest way is to let your SO what you intend to do and give them the choice to leave or stay.
If you're going to cheat, why even let your SO know you have a second phone?

As Mtabsw suggested, I think the simplest (in the long run) and most honest way is to let your SO what you intend to do and give them the choice to leave or stay. Originally Posted by jbravo_123
I just feel it would be easier to say your hobby phone is a work phone than explaining why you have two phones when your SO finds it.

But I agree with honesty. Don't ask, don't tell is a great set up as long as no one makes anything blatantly obvious.

But there was a thread a while back (as there always is) about a provider getting phone calls from a hobbyist's SO. I feel like we should have a "Don't get caught" handbook kinda like what TinMan posted readily available for the comfort and safety of all of our members.
Or play as a couple . . .
But there was a thread a while back (as there always is) about a provider getting phone calls from a hobbyist's SO. Originally Posted by Jillian Price
When a provider gets a call from a woman, she should start screaming:

STOP CALLING ME and leave my husband alone you festering cunt!!
Don't save pictures of your dick being sucked and for God's sake no videos. If you're too senile to remember your encounters take that as a sign that you're likely going to forget something else (browsing history) and don't hobby.

Hobby phones belong in a locked drawer at your office an always returned to the locked drawer before you go home. If you're too senile to remember to return your hobby phone to the locked drawer at your office take that as a sign that you'll likely screw up somewhere else (browsing history) and don't hobby.

Work without a net and don't take a hobby phone with you when you're out to see a Provider. If you need to use a phone find a pay phone or use Google Voice and rely on texts (don't forget to erase your browser history and do NOT save passwords...some phones will autofill passwords and that's all your SO needs.

I do not relish making soon-to-be-ex-husbands miserable, but I'm really good at making the soon-to-be-ex-wives not only happy in court but afterwards too. Be careful out there guys.
I'd post the details of how I keep this a secret but she would know it's me if she reads it.
OK...Google Voice. That should throw you off the trail, honey.
Ladies, please don't leave your hair clips at the clients house. Police your area
SO? What SO? Makes hobbying a whole lot easier.
Google Voice number