Alerts

I was doing some browsing in the alerts section and noticed when a lady post an alert, some guys find it necessary to criticize and question the alert.

If it is not the accused standing up to defend. Then what business is it of other clients? It's not like you are going to meet the guy in question. Why always ask for details? Is it just curiosity? Or is it so you can say " you should screen better"?

Do you think that putting a lady through the bs after she already had something bad happen to her helps?
Many alerts seem petty as well as ill conceived. It's good that the members call the ladies out at times. In the long run they may think twice before putting some guy on alert for some bullshit reason.

Personally, and I have no doubt I am unique, I avoid any/all of those generating or the subject of alerts. There is no giving the "benefit of the doubt" when I make a selection of who to see

I will also never see any of those that post and argue with each other here. Plenty of options that stay uninvolved in drama.
Absolutely not, alerts should be taken seriously and not turned into a platform to gratify ones posting frenzy. Alerts from providers should also be initiated in the providers chat room where the men can't interject with critisizum, but also in a public forum for those new ladies to see. That business should be between the ladies as we can't do much about roge gents.

IB
Generally speaking why do people post on a message board? Why do other people then post in relation to the first post? Why do people start a new thread making vague references to another?

There are as many answers as there are stars in the sky.

I will however, answer your specific questions with no authority save for what you give me.

Then what business is it of other clients? Originally Posted by Deznuttz
If it is not the accused standing up to defend. It's not like you are going to meet the guy in question. Why always ask for details? Is it just curiosity? Originally Posted by Deznuttz

1.) We are a community, and self-policing is part of that.
2.) Attempting to help by asking probing questions to fill in lacking details in the original alert
3.) General curiosity; is a very possible answer

Or is it so you can say " you should screen better"? Originally Posted by Deznuttz
Maybe, identifying the point of failure in security is often an important step is correcting the system.

Do you think that putting a lady through the bs after she already had something bad happen to her helps? Originally Posted by Deznuttz
I guess it depends on the BS. It very well could.

Is it wrong to show concern, to ask questions, or offer advice?

Or is any response other than " I'm sorry that happened to you" and then move on with no more thought the only valid response?
  • tzv13
  • 08-09-2015, 12:42 PM
Well written Bob.
Maybe I'm sorry this happened to you is the only proper response from a client. But other providers should ask questions.

Just think that when a lady post an alert it is directed at the accused and the other providers. Not for gents to throw their two cents in and not be of any help at all.
Maybe I'm sorry this happened to you is the only proper response from a client. But other providers should ask questions.

Just think that when a lady post an alert it is directed at the accused and the other providers. Not for gents to throw their two cents in and not be of any help at all. Originally Posted by Deznuttz

I disagree. When anyone, regardless of plumbing or status posts an alert it is directed to the community as a whole.

Why should only other providers get to be curious, helpful, or genuinely concerned? It seems very bizarre to me to think that because I have a dick I don't have a brain or heart.

If you have a question about me or my motivations I will gladly engage in a dialogue, but I won't have you dictate or even suggest how I personally should act or when I should or shouldn't respond.

So I will respectfully not heed your request and keep my mouth shut or worse yet offer only hollow condolences on a message board because it may offend your sensibilities.
I disagree. When anyone, regardless of plumbing or status posts an alert it is directed to the community as a whole.

Why should only other providers get to be curious, helpful, or genuinely concerned? It seems very bizarre to me to think that because I have a dick I don't have a brain or heart.

If you have a question about me or my motivations I will gladly engage in a dialogue, but I won't have you dictate or even suggest how I personally should act or when I should or shouldn't respond.

So I will respectfully not heed your request and keep my mouth shut or worse yet offer only hollow condolences on a message board because it may offend your sensibilities. Originally Posted by Bob McV
So what exactly can you do? Put a few things together to try and put together a pattern of behavior to expose some bad actor?
Let's say you ask questions and figure out that it is the same guy over and over again with different names. Then what? The provider already put that handle on blast for others to see, so putting 2 and 2 together is useless.
Are you gonna become Judge Dread of eccie? Are you gonna find the guy and administer justice? No. Your gonna ask unnecessary questions and tell her what she already knows, so you can say " you should screen better".

Seems like victimizing a lady twice to me.

Btw, you didn't offend my sensibilities with your post! Lol
  • Toyz
  • 08-09-2015, 04:12 PM

So I will respectfully not heed your request and keep my mouth shut or worse yet offer only hollow condolences on a message board because it may offend your sensibilities. Originally Posted by Bob McV
Spot on Bob.

If a provider doesn't want responses, suggestions, comments she should post in the powder room.

Alerts section is an open forum.
So what exactly can you do? Originally Posted by Deznuttz
Theoretically, I can do anything. My mom told me so; when I was 6

Put a few things together to try and put together a pattern of behavior to expose some bad actor? Originally Posted by Deznuttz
I guess I could do that.

Let's say you ask questions and figure out that it is the same guy over and over again with different names. Then what? The provider already put that handle on blast for others to see, so putting 2 and 2 together is useless. Originally Posted by Deznuttz
As I am sure you are aware handles and phone numbers are easier to change than your undies. So putting a handle on blast is pointless. doubly so when the person doesn't even have a handle.
I hope if I were to following your hypothetical course of action; I would have a profile of things more difficult to change. ie: physical description, catch phrases, mannerisms, etc. This would provide far more information to assist others than a disposable phone number and pseudonym.
Are you gonna become Judge Dread of eccie? Are you gonna find the guy and administer justice? Originally Posted by Deznuttz
In your above senerio? doubtful, Am I capable of it? Sure. like my mom said I can do anything.
No. Your gonna ask unnecessary questions and tell her what she already knows, so you can say " you should screen better". Originally Posted by Deznuttz
Is that what I would do? huh, I had no idea. It is rare for me to say something so meaningless. I would think I would at least offer specific advice on how to improve the procedures based on the issue at hand to lessen the chances of a repeat occurrence. However, I guess you could be right I might say something as trite as "you should fix that"

Seems like victimizing a lady twice to me. Originally Posted by Deznuttz
I don't see how. but when you live in a world where anything is possible I guess it is .. possible. I would see it as better serving the community as a whole to help prevent the same guy from committing the same offense. We obviously look at the world differently.

Btw, you didn't offend my sensibilities with your post! Lol Originally Posted by Deznuttz
Forgive my assumption that you started this thread because you saw something that bothered you and wanted to correct. Had I realized this whole thread was just minor lip flapping I would have put in less time and energy in my response.
Not for gents to throw their two cents in and not be of any help at all. Originally Posted by Deznuttz
Not for you to decide whether or how other gents voice their opinions.
Forgive my assumption that you started this thread because you saw something that bothered you and wanted to correct. Had I realized this whole thread was just minor lip flapping I would have put in less time and energy in my response. Originally Posted by Bob McV
I don't believe that
Theoretically, I can do anything. My mom told me so; when I was 6

I guess I could do that.

As I am sure you are aware handles and phone numbers are easier to change than your undies. So putting a handle on blast is pointless. doubly so when the person doesn't even have a handle.
I hope if I were to following your hypothetical course of action; I would have a profile of things more difficult to change. ie: physical description, catch phrases, mannerisms, etc. This would provide far more information to assist others than a disposable phone number and pseudonym.

In your above senerio? doubtful, Am I capable of it? Sure. like my mom said I can do anything.

Is that what I would do? huh, I had no idea. It is rare for me to say something so meaningless. I would think I would at least offer specific advice on how to improve the procedures based on the issue at hand to lessen the chances of a repeat occurrence. However, I guess you could be right I might say something as trite as "you should fix that"

I don't see how. but when you live in a world where anything is possible I guess it is .. possible. I would see it as better serving the community as a whole to help prevent the same guy from committing the same offense. We obviously look at the world differently.

Forgive my assumption that you started this thread because you saw something that bothered you and wanted to correct. Had I realized this whole thread was just minor lip flapping I would have put in less time and energy in my response. Originally Posted by Bob McV

Yeah, the pattern of bullying already hurt ladies bothers me. Not your post.
Bob,
Do some reading throughout the alerts section and you will see what I mean.
It stops being about the alert itself and more of a dog pile on the provider, on what she should have done.
She ends up having to argue with the gents that weren't even involved than warning the ladies of a possible threat to their safety.

You wanting to argue with me should not distract from what's there in black and white.

I could start quoting the threads, but honestly I still don't know how to quote from one thread to another yet.
Go to the post you want to quote, click quote, then copy it and paste it wherever you want.