Updates on CB, CL, LS ?

• rcusa
  • 06-13-2024, 07:15 AM
Since late last year, some of the old reliable clubs have had unfortunate changes. For example, CB's "box troll" started regularly flashing his light in the private area. And CL has been relatively quiet on these boards. Meanwhile, LS had an unwanted visit that may have altered their modus operandi.
This thread is here for updates on the general situations in those clubs, if anyone has relevant updates. Searching the Encounter Reports, it seems CB is mostly dead, but a March report indicated at least that the flashlight wasn't flashing (even though the encounter was only BDD level, rather than CB level). Seems unlikely CB can last if they only have BDD level extras, because everything else about CB is pitiful compared to BDD...
  • KFB
  • 06-13-2024, 10:14 AM
All 3 clubs are pretty close to each other, should be easy to do a sweep and check out what the current conditions are like.

In general, at your regular clubs you should have a network of dancers, waitresses, management that are sources of intel/assistance and help to make your time better, can sometimes throw door girl and dj in too depending on the club. When times change, you can adapt and either mgmt looks the other way for you, you're getting dancers telling you upfront it's lame here today and volunteering otc, etc you get the idea.
  • rcusa
  • 06-13-2024, 11:07 AM
All 3 clubs are pretty close to each other, should be easy to do a sweep and check out what the current conditions are like.

In general, at your regular clubs you should have a network of dancers, waitresses, management that are sources of intel/assistance and help to make your time better, can sometimes throw door girl and dj in too depending on the club. When times change, you can adapt and either mgmt looks the other way for you, you're getting dancers telling you upfront it's lame here today and volunteering otc, etc you get the idea. Originally Posted by KFB
Excellent and true information, KFB; however, I don't live in DFW area, and need to do my reconnaissance ahead of visits. That makes my fairly frequent but brief visits to the area more enjoyable. And it's a reason ECCIE is such a great resource to participate on.
All 3 clubs are pretty close to each other, should be easy to do a sweep and check out what the current conditions are like. Originally Posted by KFB
It is the best of times and it is the worst of times depending on your circumstances. If your life permits OTC then it is the best of times. If your life demands inside the club adventures then it’s bad. Over the last few weeks I’ve been to a few of those clubs and have been hit up twice, while I work on my first beer, to leave with a girl. I’m getting good at my ‘ahora??…posible mas tarde’ response.