How common is herpes?

A friend of mine recently broke the news to me that he had gotten type-1 herpes from a young and well-known provider. He doesn't hobby much and I actually recommended the provider (OOPS!).

I got tested and I was clean, but my friend wasn't so lucky. He did mention to me that he had a minor cut on his little guy but it was already in the process of healing..

Anyhow, I did some research and found it to be very common among Americans to have herpes especially with type-1 and I think it's only contagious while an outbreak is going on.

So here's the question, why in the world would a provider still see a client even if she knows she's having a outbreak. This is unacceptable!
You can't say that and not tell us who lol
Pm me a name if you don't mind. At least your buddy can live with herpes without any major problems. I hope he doesn't have a wife and kids, that can be bad news to deliver.
90% of the population has HSV1.
Your buddy should have kept that person with a cold sore away from his dick.
As HSV1 simple cold sore virus transfers from that to genitals.
Wow.. 90%.

Now I have to re-think about getting a BBBJ.. Not!. Lol.

Like I have said, it's only contagious when they have an outbreak/sore in the mouth and providers should know better not to provide during that time!
  • HDnTX
  • 06-20-2016, 12:33 PM
90% of the population has HSV1.
Your buddy should have kept that person with a cold sore away from his dick.
As HSV1 simple cold sore virus transfers from that to genitals. Originally Posted by submarineracer
Not likely got it from the provider. Those who have it have had it there entire life. It's better know as canker sores....
A friend of mine recently broke the news to me that he had gotten type-1 herpes from a young and well-known provider. He doesn't hobby much and I actually recommended the provider (OOPS!).

I got tested and I was clean, but my friend wasn't so lucky. He did mention to me that he had a minor cut on his little guy but it was already in the process of healing..

Anyhow, I did some research and found it to be very common among Americans to have herpes especially with type-1 and I think it's only contagious while an outbreak is going on.

So here's the question, why in the world would a provider still see a client even if she knows she's having a outbreak. This is unacceptable! Originally Posted by delta_astro
the county std clinic no longer test for herpes, 1 its expensive 2 the high rate of positive results
I looked it up online. It says 25% of female population have genital herpes (1 in 4). And 20% of male (1 in 5).
A few weeks back I was scared shitless! The day after banging a particularly nasty hooker, I noticed a "bump" on the underside of my shaft. Almost 3 days later, it was still there! Also, I could swear I started to see a couple of new ones wanting to form.

I went to the doctor with a bullshit excuse of stomach pain. Once the doc was in the room I came totally clean about what happened and why I was there. He looked at it and told me not to worry. It looks like a "hair" issue. He said if I actually had herpes, I would have been in PAIN by now and sores would be red and opening. I had NO symptoms. Also, if it would be Syphilis or Gono it would look different than that and, also, there would also be painful symptoms. I got tested anyway, but doc said he's bet his paycheck I was clean. And I was.

I used a rubber by the way. But that's not full protection from herpes. Herpes can be passed a day or two BEFORE an actual outbreak. This is of course why cold sores spread so commonly. A person who gets cold sores, kisses someone, and later that day the person with cold sores starts sprouting a sore...chances are you passed it on to that other person's lips. Cold sore viruses CAN be spread to the genitals but is, from what I read, a rare occurrence.
I looked it up online. It says 25% of female population have genital herpes (1 in 4). And 20% of male (1 in 5). Originally Posted by samantha thom
Genital herpes is HSV2, not the same as HSV1.
HSV1 can still transfer to genitals from a cold sore, but its still not HSV2 genital herpes.
According to CDC

19-23% of the population has Genital herpes

Oral herpes HSV-1- as of 5/2015- 49% of women and 39% of men are infected. US rates, Much higher in some countries

And no active symptoms are required to transmit either version.
It's only contagious when it's erupting. Look for "cold sore" like lesions around the genitals. But don't be fooled by "razor bumps".

In Vegas, all the girls inspect your unit.

According to CDC

19-23% of the population has Genital herpes

Oral herpes HSV-1- as of 5/2015- 49% of women and 39% of men are infected. US rates, Much higher in some countries

And no active symptoms are required to transmit either version. Originally Posted by OldButStillGoing
You are accurate. I checked. But depends on what year but that is close enough.

Hell, at least herpes won't kill you or make pus come out of your cock.
It always amazes me that when a guy "catches" something, he just knows for sure when, where, how he got it.

Torito
Better to catch the herp than an invitation to a Maury Povich show!