Allocated whiskey

Any recommendations for liquor stores in Houston and the surrounding areas on where a good place to score allocated whiskey at for MSRP or close to? These secondary markups have gotten absolutely ridiculous.
Total Wine always has my top choice "Seagram's 83" in stock & at a great price
Yeah, they carry a lot of great stuff. But allocated stuff is another ball game. I do like me some Total Wine.
  • bcglx
  • 04-29-2023, 07:19 AM
I found a couple bottles of allocated bourbon at specs all msrp
  • tth
  • 04-29-2023, 07:19 AM
Not around here, but when we go to to the Hill Country, I always check at the Twin Liquors stores in the smaller towns and usually have pretty good luck.
Make a deal with one of the large outfits local store manager to have first dibs on a bottle of this or that that they can order for you.
I would recommend a mom n pops liquor store like in heights or memorial area westchase areas to get good deal plus help out a independent liquor rep is always cheaper ☝️🔑
I found a couple bottles of allocated bourbon at specs all msrp Originally Posted by bcglx
Which specs?
I would recommend a mom n pops liquor store like in heights or memorial area westchase areas to get good deal plus help out a independent liquor rep is always cheaper ☝️🔑 Originally Posted by Seeskylar
These are the places where the secondary markup are two to four times MSRP.