AVAILABLE NOW ... did anybody see?

Did you notice the new "Ad Board" for P411? The new "Available Now" Feature must have recently launched.

1) "Available Anytime" - Not as helpful because nobody's legs are open 24/7. It would be much more helpful with specific dates or "permanent" hours. Something like "3:00pm To 3:00am - SOMA-Moscone Center" is much more helpful.

2) There is also a "$" "Provider offers Specials" icon where discounted rates are supposedly posted on the ad. It's already a red herring for many ladies so this icon will soon become noise. Many of the specials are not really specials or they simply list "ask me."

3) For now, there aren't many women who's set up their "Available Now" ad. Just 28 across the country. So hopefully more and more ladies will become aware of this revised feature.

4) I suppose at the very least, the Available Now is more or less the same as "I'm accepting clients now."
  • Gbfsl
  • 05-11-2015, 04:18 AM
There was a thread about this earlier. The "available now" list means just that...I am available now. A provider puts up a post. It stays up for one hour and then is automatically erased.

You mention only 28 people in total. That was at that particular moment you looked.

If you look at Dallas at 6:00am you will find 2 or 3 listed. If you look mid day you will find 20 to 25 listed. So that varies by the hour depending on who logs onto P411 and posts for that particular hour.

I like the feature. Not as good as the ad board maybe, but It is better than nothing.
I saw that. Granted it is not as good as the old ad board, it is better than nothing. It at least shows which ladies are active in your area at a glance.
No kidding. It does stay up for just an hour. Just logged on at 6AM CST and now there are only 6 ads posted.

Fascinating.
I like it better than the old board. Since the ads are only up for an hour, the ladies are going to have to really mean it if the choose "available now" vs a time range. Plus, if the lady has a specific location, that shows up in the ad line, too.

I saw over 100 listings one night late last week. It definitely gained traction as the week progressed. Weekends you would expect to see a slowdown.
I like it because many times a provider will place an ad, then a few hours later, the ad is still up, but then the provider will not answer your initial contact because they really are not available, but they have an ad up, it can be very frustrating to a hobbyist.

Most of the really good, dependable providers need not place ads but every once in a while because they have regulars that fill their schedule all the time, repeats who contact them to set up an appointment or word of mouth from previous clients so they do not need to advertise.
'Available Now' will 99.99% be something I will never use. It would be a rare occasion that I would be looking for something 'now' vs something planned out.

That said, I can see how this would certainly help some - both clients and providers. Even more so if it's easy for a provider to have a pre-set post/options and just a button to initiate the availability and increase the uptime of their visibility.
Only thing it should be for more then a HR at a time
Only thing it should be for more then a HR at a time Originally Posted by LustyBustyGina38FF
The longer Gina allows the ad to stay up, the more likely the lady is no longer "available now". As a long time proponent of such a feature, I'm glad she has set that time limit.
Only thing it should be for more then a HR at a time Originally Posted by LustyBustyGina38FF
No, I like it the way it is. If the ad was up for longer, more times than not, it becomes stale, the provider is NOT available and many times she does not contact the hobbyist(s) back who contacted her about her ad. Some even place available now ads, even stating are not available till later on in the day, but they place the ad anyway. As TinMan said, it is all about who is available now. There are providers who are available almost any time, per their available now ads, they would have to keep placing and replacing ads or better yet, just put that in their profile.

As I said earlier in the thread, unless you are visiting from another city/state, most providers who have regular and repetitive clients do not have to place ads that often if at all.
I've been checking this out, and at first I thought I didn't like it as well as the old way, but the idea is beginning to look better and better. Rarely do I have a chance to plan in advance, so it's usually very difficult for me to hobby.

One question: I noticed that a certain provider's post kept getting updated, or re-posted to start the clock again. Maybe if she finds acceptable client(s) within the first hour, she can just let the initial ad expire, but bump or renew it if she's still available after the first hour of ad visibility?

Anyhoo, it's good to have a board where you have a fair chance of hooking up on short notice.
I sort of agree with you, Ex-CEO, about the continuous posting. In the end, however, if she's not breaking Gina's rules and has nothing better to do than sit on the P411 board, have at it.

After awhile, though, there is a part of me that does want to tell her "I GET IT! You're on call 24/7...I'll let you know if I need you!"
  • Gbfsl
  • 05-12-2015, 08:00 AM
[QUOTE=TinMan;1056711297]I sort of agree with you, Ex-CEO, about the continuous posting. In the end, however, if she's not breaking Gina's rules and has nothing better to do than sit on the P411 board, have at it.

I asked Gina about the criteria for posting on this section and she pretty much said that was the idea behind the one hour time frame. She hopes to keep providers on her site as much and as long as possible. So, as you said, if they don't find what they are looking for in that first hour, they post again. Gina accomplishes her goal in keeping people on her site and everyone is happy.
If it helps drive traffic to the site, thereby causing more ladies to use the feature, I don't see the harm in it. Definitely the lesser of evils, and a minor annoyance at worst.
I really like the available now feature - No complaints here.