How should we react to BBFS in the hobby?

We all know that BBFS has been going on since before there were hobby internet boards, it still goes on today, and it will probably continue to go on in the future, but is it a good idea to make jokes about it?

The most recent flurry over this issue was in Texas, but it happens everywhere. The difference seems to be the reaction. Perusing the other regional boards, when this type of activity is exposed, most folks are unified in denouncing it. In Texas, it seems, they are more cavalier and making jokes about it. What do you think of such a reaction?
  • Mokoa
  • 07-27-2010, 12:32 PM

You just will not let it go, will you.
Just gauging the national perspective. Many in Texas (at least the vocal members) seem to think a cavalier attitude about BBFS is shared with other regions.

I thought it would be interesting to find out if that was really true.

Let the people decide and vote.

Here is my promise:

1) This is the only BBFS thread I will comment in from now on.

2) If I see an overwhelming results that this really is not a serious issue in the hobby and joking about it is acceptable to many, then I will apologize on this thread and ask that it be closed and I will not ever comment on BBFS threads again on this board.
When I first read the title to this thread, I thought it said "How should we react to BBFS in the lobby?"

Stop and stare? *L*
  • Tetas
  • 07-27-2010, 01:36 PM
Me thinks you're going to regret #2.
Hmmmm. . .looks like somebody went in and changed the settings of the poll without consulting the OP. Whoever that was, please go back and reverse what you tampered with.

This is a public poll, if folks don't want to vote that is fine, but it was purposely made public to prevent anonymous ballot stuffing.

Thanks!
And the crusade continues.....

In case you haven't figured it out yet, it's not BBFS that we are laughing at, it's you.
ANONONE
It seems you are more interested in this topic than anyone else. Vocal does not mean "the majority" ..... the vocal "ASSHATS" that are making jokes and are pretending that its no big deal or funny are by far not the majority of responsible hobbyist in Texas. I can only speak specifically about Houston. Those that are making light of this will find out many of their options are going to deminish. I have a number of beer drinking freinds that are Providers. This came up with some of them in discussions we had had a Sports Bar recently. The Providers are paying attention to who is Posting what on this subject and the majority of these "Reputable" Providers are going to be consistanly unavailable to these "ASSHATS". We will Police ourselves as we have done in the past. The word will get around about those that partake in this and other dangerous activities - both Hobbyist and Providers alike. It will never completely eliminate the problem, but it will reduce it when either side that participates in this stupidity find it next to impossible to find Clients or Providers who will see them. My suggestion to you is to follow Mokoa's advice and just "LET IT GO" all you are doing is stiring the pot.
I don't do it, I don't condone it and anyone with a bit of common sense can see it's a bad idea all around.
Only a dumbass would participate in this hobby without a condom(for full service at least) at all times. Is it unfortunate that there are a few dumbasses in our little subculture? Of course, but dumbasses are everywhere and you really shouldn't get so worked up about them. Worry about yourself, protect yourself and choose your providers/clients wisely...let everyone else do the same.

This chosen activity,and/or past time has far too many risks and unforeseen dangers for all concerned without adding odds by choosing to engage in unprotected sexual activities. Those that choose to engage in BBFS are putting themselves, their families, and their random partners at unnecessary risk. I for one find it to be very objectionable to be placed in this position by people wishing to thumb their nose at common sense
And the crusade continues.....

In case you haven't figured it out yet, it's not BBFS that we are laughing at, it's you. Originally Posted by texasjohn1965
So far it looks like you and the peanut gallery laughing about BBFS and anyone that speaks against it are in the minority. These are early results, so will we will see as more votes come in.

My promise still stands, if more people vote for the fun and games approach, I will apologize for my pompous self-righteousness and never bring the topic up, nor perpetuate any other threads that are still up or come in the future.

Let the poll decide.

My promise still stands, if more people vote for the fun and games approach, I will apologize for my pompous self-righteousness and never bring the topic up, nor perpetuate any other threads that are still up or come in the future.
Originally Posted by ANONONE
Let the machines take over. I can reign down the dunderheads on you.
Here is the thing. It is your responsibility to take care of you.

I don't give a shit what you do or who you do it with. How fare are you wanting to take this?

If I have a rubber break or slip off, do I out the poor girl and let her business go to shit for the next six months.
Couldn't hang in Houston?

You voted #2 yet here we are!
  • npita
  • 07-27-2010, 03:19 PM
I for one find it to be very objectionable to be placed in this position by people wishing to thumb their nose at common sense Originally Posted by chelsea simms
You put yourself in that position when you decided to have sex with someone. You cannot control or even know what your sex partners do with others, so you should assume that you are the only person who uses protection. If you aren't comfortable with that, you are in the wrong business.