A challenge to you Ukraine lovers

Senile Biden just promised "pensions and social support" for Ukrainians "so they have something in their pocket."

https://twitter.com/i/status/1626703076701745155 Originally Posted by berryberry
So I would like to see any leftist here (especially those who have advocated here for continuing to send money to Ukraine) to explain why THE FUCK we are using our tax dollars to fund the pensions of people in Ukraine, when our own citizens are going bankrupt, SS is depleting and we have people sleeping in tent cities.

Let's hear it
I’m sure the touchy, feely Libtards think this money will go to the Ukrainian people. They won’t see a dime. Truth be told, it’ll be laundered and sent back to the criminals. Like the Biden’s. You see how that works?
Did neither of you pay attention to the authorizations over the past year?

All of that money wasn't for military hardware and munitions. They set up a variety of social programs. Like the SSI payments, Medicare, TANF and SNAP funding for displaced Ukrainian retirees.

The SSI is $914/mo for single. $1,371 for couples.

Why are you only looking at this now? Why do you feel you're owed justification from anyone here? If you have an America First greivance you feel requires redress, contact your elected officials.
In case you haven't noticed, our elected officials don't give a flying fuck what we think.

And if you don't see the point of the original poster here, I'm not sure what to tell you.
In case you haven't noticed, our elected officials don't give a flying fuck what we think.

And if you don't see the point of the original poster here, I'm not sure what to tell you. Originally Posted by snoopy75
I see it. Can't be addressed properly without a mix of things that are going to piss off the left and the right and require each to stretch and compromise. And those need to be addressed and acted by the folks the very folks that DGAF. Enjoy your Sunday
I see it. Can't be addressed properly without a mix of things that are going to piss off the left and the right and require each to stretch and compromise. And those need to be addressed and acted by the folks the very folks that DGAF. Enjoy your Sunday Originally Posted by HDGristle
... Hey Mate - some of us HAVE complained about this
to our Governmental Officials... But the lot of us
complaining about this (or the Biden corruption)
is NOT being done to piss YOU off.
It's merely looking for opinions.

We Australians got a good saying:
... "Arithmetic (mathmattics) is NOT opinion."

Views we ALL seek here in these forums are OPINIONS.
Not all of 'em have to be the same.
I surely wouldn't want them all the same.

Which is why I hope Eyecu2 gets back here soon.
He has some good opinions also sometimes.

How can we have good discussions without different opinions??

#### Salty
Math isn't opinion. How math is used, how variables and equations are selected and developed and how results are interpreted are rife with opinion.

He didn't ask a quantitative question. He asked a couched, qualitative question, so it’s not a math question. It's a budgeting question involving justifying spending priorities.
The last two posters constantly point out others for being off topic but they themselves are as off topic as anyone else. Neither are mods. So their opinions on being off topic doesn’t MATTER. They’re as guilty as those they point out.

As for the US funding any countries social programs is ridiculous. We can’t afford our own social programs and are basically bankrupt. We have no business funding proxy wars either. Ukraine isn’t a member of NATO and isn’t the least bit important to the United States. Ukraines corruption is well known. They’re not our Allie.
We’ve got 20 vets committing suicide A DAY.

Fuck Ukraine. Quantitative enough?
Did neither of you pay attention to the authorizations over the past year?
Originally Posted by HDGristle
You as usual didn't answer the question and are trying to deflect and change the subject and direction of the thread

The question is to please explain why the hell we are using our tax dollars to fund the pensions of people in Ukraine. Do you support this and why?
You go to work all day long, and your tax dollars from your labor are sent to literal NAZIS in Ukraine, to fight a nuclear superpower.

All to defend the biological assets and secrets of US politicians, who illegally took control of an entire country via subversion…

Awake yet?

H/t Election Wizard
Let's go back to April 2022

...it’s going to deliver much-needed humanitarian assistance as well as food, water, medicines, shelter, and other aid to Ukrainians displaced by Russia’s war, and provide aid to those seeking refuge in other countries from Ukraine.

It’s also going to help schools and hospitals open. It’s going to allow pensions and social support to be paid to the Ukrainian people so they have something — something in their pocket. It’s also going to provide critical resources to address food shortages around the globe.
This is part of being the leaders of the free world, gentlemen. We do want things taken care of domestically as well.

But, the false equivalence and outrage over East Palestine is just that. The fact is that this money was earmarked by the last Congress and that it had and still has overwhelming bipartisan support. This was not a choice made today. You're pulling the same tired shell game to politicize multiple humanitarian disasters and gaslight.

I follow and worry more about the debt than you 3 do combined. This also isn't zero sum in a vacuum. This isn't money that was taken away from the homeless in the U.S. It wasn't money taken from the pockets of people in East Palestine after the tragedy thst befell their town. It isn't money that was ever going to be spent on vets. The first and 3rd have programs and budgets. Whether they're sufficient is not really in question, but your government, the whole government including both major parties, has failed them together over multiple administrations.

The 2nd is a fresh tragedy, like a Flint or a Centralia. But nothing like Chernobyl. Far closer to TMI.

All terrible situations that all need attention. You can dislike what's going on with the other 3. We can also walk, talk on our cell and chew gum at the same time because we're fucking Americans. Quit blaming the other party, roll up your sleeves and pitch in yourself, while holding your government to task instead of trying to stroke your ePeen by pwning Libs on a hooker board.

I have family and friends in East Palestine AND Ukraine. Been making calls, offering a place to stay and sending cash and care packsges. Know and volunteer to help the homeless. And have friends who served, some of whom ended their own lives, some who came back ok and have done amazing things and others who have their demons but get by a day at a time. Had lunch with onpackages.

Which group needs my time the most? Answer? They all do. A fucking lot. So it's up to me to do what I can and marshal my resources and call in favors as needed when I can't do it alone.
But Joey Bribes is spreading our cash around

Biden Regime Gives $100 million to our enemies—ZERO for East Palistine, Ohio …Taxpayer Cash for foreigners—Spit in the Face for American Citizens…
$100 million for Turkey who is partnering with the CCP and Russia on their takeover of the Eurasian landmass and Syria who is an enemy…

US announces $100 million in earthquake relief funding for Turkey and Syria - CNN Politics,https://apple.news/A9T62pVmXR6ybKV4I1HOZMQ
... No need for any bullying - we're back onto the track now.

Let's not get silly - hard to equate Ukraine funds with
East Palestine - as Ukraine has been getting funds from
the US for a good while now... the train derailment and
enviornmental disaster is new - and surely don't seem
to matter to Sleepy Joe...

Trump is "America First" --- while Biden and his ilk are
the "United States of the World" --- And China.

#### Salty
State Department money, Bam. For foreign disaster relief. And a tragedy with a death toll over 33k. Tens of thousands injured, displaced, etc. The leaders may be adversaries, or pseudo allies, but the people aren't our enemy. We're still talking about people.

East Palestine has less than 5k residents. They're American. They deserve a lot more than they're getting right now, including from you. FEMA money is from a completely different bucket. Fully expecting Congress to authorize funds for additional relief.