Next Best Thing's Memorial Day Thread

Since the high-quality Memorial Day thread got short-circuited by the safety patrol, I'm starting a new safety-zone MD thread right here so we have the opportunity to acknowledge and pay homage to dead soldiers.

If you would like you can also describe what Memorial Day means to you from your own unique perspective.

For me, because it was conveniently set up as a weekend extender, it means I can drink my face off on the preceding Sunday because I have no obligation to perform the way I usually do on a Monday.

I will also acknowledge an outstanding dead soldier or two, although I limit it to those killed while fighting enemies.

RIP Brevet Major General George A Custer - 7th US Cavalry
KIA June 25, 1876 fighting savages
RIP Colonel James Bowie - Texas Volunteer Army
KIA March 6, 1836 fighting savages
Burn in Hell Tecumseh - Primitive Guerilla Savage
KIA October 5, 1813
*sigh* why make a mockery of everything?
Happy memorial day everyone, I hope you're all spending it with loved ones.
"Without memory, there is no culture. Without memory, there would be no civilization, no society, no future."
Elie Wiesel
I'm memorializing dead soldiers. That's what Memorial Day is supposedly for.
Memorial Day means wearing a bathing suit from the first time of the season and getting sandy...although today was a bit cold. Idk know of any fallen soldiers
You are a beautiful woman New Knockers Nikki . My soldier stands at attention just thinking about you in a bathing suit in the sand. I would be more than happy to lotion your backside
Memorial Day means wearing a bathing suit from the first time of the season and getting sandy...although today was a bit cold. Idk know of any fallen soldiers Originally Posted by Naughty.Nikki
Not surprised that breaking out summer clothing and bathing suits is the most meaningful element of Memorial Day for you, and I will add that this is an utterly normal reaction.

I'm also glad that not everyone is in a hurry to trot out the politically correct bullshit line about dead soldiers and how underappreciated they are & how important these people are to us.

I'd say a lot more but the hall monitors have been in ultra-high gear with the sanctimony and with doling out points.

RIP General Lewis Armistead - Confederate States of America
KIA July 5, 1863
Thank you! J.s
Xxoo annie
RIP Oglach Raymond McCreesh - Provisional Irish Republican Army
KIA - 05/21/81

RIP Vol. Patsy O'Hara - Irish National Liberation Army
KIA - 05/21/81

Hail Hail young Irish heroes.
RIP First Lt William W Cooke, 7th US Cavalry
KIA 6/15/1876
RIP General in Chief Robert Edward Lee, Confederate States Army
Died a proud gentleman patriot 10/12/1870
Yep time to remember our heroes!!!
Yep time to remember our heroes!!! Originally Posted by lilylivered
But the media tells us that nurses and cashiers at Walmart are the heroes of the moment.
  • Doove
  • 05-24-2020, 06:18 PM
"He's not a hero. He's a hero because he was captured. I like people who weren't captured, ok?".

Fine line between that and:

"He's not a hero. He's a hero because he was killed. I like people who weren't killed, ok?"

Very fine. So fine, in fact, that i'd suggest the line is indistinguishable.

Look forward to hearing the rationalizations for supporting the guy who said it.