Presidential Pardons Heavily Favor Whites

White criminals seeking presidential pardons over the past decade have been nearly four times as likely to succeed as minorities, a ProPublica examination has found.

Link to the article click here
So does everything else in life. Why should this surprise anyone.
I seriously doubt this has to do with race. Follow the money if interested.
I seriously doubt this has to do with race. Follow the money if interested. Originally Posted by Iaintliein
Yea, I was watching this on the news the other night, and they pointed out how many felons (white men) in particular who have close ties or knew a senator or someone in congress getting these pardons. They also showed some of the money trail on some of these cases where the felon asking for a pardon gave a substantial amount of money in contribution to a political candidate and subsequently was given a pardon.

The point is they said that they were using guidelines like Bankruptcy, Divorce as things to exclude people from pardons yet most if not all that were pardoned did in fact have a bankruptcy or a divorce or bad credit history etc.
money not race
Cats never get a pardon. Just like any other minority we don't have any money to buy off the politicians either.
Another NBA policy. Where's Rambro and Sooner when we need them?
  • MrGiz
  • 12-06-2011, 04:58 PM
Does anyone actually believe the situation will be any different as Obama leaves office?
Does anyone actually believe the situation will be any different as Obama leaves office? Originally Posted by MrGiz
or that it has changed while in office?
NO
So does everything else in life. Why should this surprise anyone. Originally Posted by TexTushHog
It shouldn't. Iaintliein, money and race go hand in hand quite often.
Well, it's partially correct to conclude that color plays a part in the granting of pardons, but the color is green! I would say that the vast majority of pardons granted by a Governor or President go to people who can help out with the next election in some way. Rarely is justice used as a basis, or Leonard Peltier would have been released years ago. Look at who received Clinton's pardons. Hell, even Mike Huckabee pardoned Keith Richards.
money not race Originally Posted by ekim008
And you think it's just a fuckin' coincidence that it's the white dudes that have all the damned money??!!!!! Jesus fucking Christ, what a bunch of numbnuts you guys are.
I have an idea, if any ethnic minority person, or non-minority person, doesn't think it is right that they complete the full sentence for their crime, I suggest they NOT DO IT! That would thwart the greedy white bastards.

Pardons should only be granted when there has been a manifest injustice. That is not the case anymore. It should NEVER be used to equalize demographic recipients of pardons.
I just wonder why pardons exist.
If you assume that everyone in prison is guilty as hell, the way it should be, then why should anyone get a pardon?