Thursday evening at the Flamingo

A friend recently started dancing at the Flamingo Club in Lawrence and asked me to come see her. I went on a Thursday around 7:30. Cover was $2 and no masks required. Some of the bar/wait staff wore masks but it was inconsistent. I drank bottled water ($3).

There were about five customers there and that number stayed consistent until I left around 9:00. I think there were about 10 girls, but I didn't keep track. All were sitting at the bar with a accompanied by a girl, except one guy at a table eating.

I sat at a table and my friend saw me and came over. This was her third day and she was very excited. We talked a bit while other girls danced on stage. None of them were amazing, but some were sexy in a slutty/trashy way. Strangely, none of them had large breasts. Even the chunky girls had small or average-sized breasts. I didn't see any silicone at all.

My friend wanted to "practice" private dances for me so I bought a VIP pass for $10 and we went to the room. Large room, nicely appointed with couches. We were the only ones there and the bouncer never checked on us, so it would have been easy to get away with more than just a dance (not on the table though). Dances are priced at $20. I was told I could touch anywhere but between the legs. She told me they were very strict about giving the guys the full song, so she dutifully sat until a new song came on and then started dancing. I sat for two songs, but it was getting a bit weird since we were friends.

Out in the main room, she left me alone for a bit to change and to chat with some of the other girls. Even when I was by myself, none of the girls approached me. Tips to the dancers on stage generated a "thank you" and a hug -- nothing super flirty or suggestive, but of course they all saw that I was sitting with the new girl. I'm sure it would have been very different had I been on my own. There were some who I would have liked to chat up, but I needed to leave pretty early.

My friend has promised to introduce me to her colleagues. She doesn't think any of them see guys outside the club, but then she's only been there three days, lol. We'll see where it leads.
I think most of them have some sort of outside arrangement with a SD.
Makes me think some arent as motivated as it use to be.
Two thoughts from my once upon a time ago days:
1. The have been there awhile gals always wait a bit to make sure new gal is cool, which takes more than a few days.
2. Gals will never hit on a guy that's hitting on a gal, or gal is hitting on that guy, cause mgmnt will have zero drama. So again, everyone waits until newbies are accepted as cool.

Questor, just wait a bit then have the gal introduce you to the others. And she would need to let the others know you're available and that she doesn't mind.
Could you ask her how they get paid? I go in there and have actually left with more money than I came in with. I’m not a bad looking guy, I tip all the girls when they dance but they seem to just want to sit together. I’ve thought about telling the owner I’ve got a good wad of cash if one of the cute ones can tear herself away from the from group or not dance and disappear to the back for an hour. I swear this place is a mystery to me.
Could you ask her how they get paid? I go in there and have actually left with more money than I came in with. I’m not a bad looking guy, I tip all the girls Originally Posted by Juanpancho
Well you just answered your own question...tips! Lap dances, VIP!

Next time pull out that wad of cash and set it on the table close by...youll attract em like flies
I go in there and have actually left with more money than I came in with. Originally Posted by Juanpancho
If you charge the guys more for lap dances than the girls do, that can happen!
Two thoughts from my once upon a time ago days:
1. The have been there awhile gals always wait a bit to make sure new gal is cool, which takes more than a few days.
2. Gals will never hit on a guy that's hitting on a gal, or gal is hitting on that guy, cause mgmnt will have zero drama. So again, everyone waits until newbies are accepted as cool.

Questor, just wait a bit then have the gal introduce you to the others. And she would need to let the others know you're available and that she doesn't mind. Originally Posted by Unique_Carpenter
Oh I understand all this. I wasn't expecting any of the girls to approach me as I was very clearly there to visit her. I also explained to her how there is always drama in a strip club and the girls may not always be so nice. Honestly, she's a bit flighty and I don't expect her to last very long. Although she is super cute and a definite "type", she's not very flirty and doesn't understand sales at all.

Could you ask her how they get paid? I go in there and have actually left with more money than I came in with. Originally Posted by Juanpancho
She's only worked a few shifts, but she did say she made $350 on a Friday night. But then other nights she walked out with under $100. Still, considering her other job is $12/hr, she is perfectly happy hanging out at a club for $15+/hr. One private dance per hour is more than enough.
What’s your friends stage name
This all sounds like a story I once heard about a long time ago.
But it went like this, I have a few friends that dance at a club close by, they are all very cute, they all have different tastes in men.
But the real story is, I’m really close friends with the owner and times are hard and very slow, can you post some ads on line to help the girls and my place make some money, if you do I’ll make it worth your while, end of story.
I could be wrong, but I could be right.
Aka a club in Topeka “BD” “Cabaret“ and one other that closed.
Are they closing at 10:00 pm per the county health department directive? I know Paradise is not, but they are technically a private club.
Could you ask her how they get paid? I go in there and have actually left with more money than I came in with. I’m not a bad looking guy, I tip all the girls when they dance but they seem to just want to sit together. I’ve thought about telling the owner I’ve got a good wad of cash if one of the cute ones can tear herself away from the from group or not dance and disappear to the back for an hour. I swear this place is a mystery to me. Originally Posted by Juanpancho
The next time you see a dancer that you like and go to tip her on stage just tell her that you would like to get some dances from her. It is really pretty simple, and I much prefer that to the places where the ladies are constantly running around asking every guy in the place if he would like a dance.
Oh I understand all this. I wasn't expecting any of the girls to approach me as I was very clearly there to visit her. I also explained to her how there is always drama in a strip club and the girls may not always be so nice. Honestly, she's a bit flighty and I don't expect her to last very long. Although she is super cute and a definite "type", she's not very flirty and doesn't understand sales at all.

She's only worked a few shifts, but she did say she made $350 on a Friday night. But then other nights she walked out with under $100. Still, considering her other job is $12/hr, she is perfectly happy hanging out at a club for $15+/hr. One private dance per hour is more than enough. Originally Posted by KCQuestor
That is just how it works in that business. Some days are winners for the ladies and some are not. The ones that keep a good attitude realize what they are averaging and don't obsess on each individual day.
That is just how it works in that business. Some days are winners for the ladies and some are not. The ones that keep a good attitude realize what they are averaging and don't obsess on each individual day. Originally Posted by jayhawkmpa
Absolutely. Lots of strippers are day-to-day thinkers and only think about their last shift. Some remember the big ones, and fix that in their minds. She'll tell you (and her jealous friends) that she makes $1000 a night when in reality that was one Saturday night two years back. She never mentions those nights where she doesn't even cover her tipout.

Once I suggested to a girl that she not go to the club that day and instead hang out with me at the lake. I offered her a couple of hundred bucks just to lay out on my boat and be sexy all day, but she wanted $1000 because "that's what she makes on a shift." The next day she told me she barely made $100 and should have gone with me.

I guess you have to have a bit of a gambler's personality to work that kind fo a job.