UT FOOTBALL prices skyrocket!

I just got off the phone with the ticket office. I've been a season ticket holder to Football and Basketball for 8 years. I asked to upgrade as I always do and they RAPE you on the Longhorn foundation due (this is extra from the tickets). This is nothing new but HOLY F*CK! I'm in good seats but asked to get closer to the 50 yard line. They want 3,500.00 a seat "donation" PER TICKET! For 6 games $1,166.00 per game NOT COUNTING the cost of the ticket! I am grandfathered in my normal Longhorn foundation contribution which was 150.00 per seat. The same seats for somebody else to buy next to me is 700.00 a seat. Oh yeah....and parking was 100.00 instead of being included. I asked if that covered me for Basketball parking as well (same garage by Sholtz's) Nope. That will be 150.00 more. I guess I'll never upgrade again. WOW!
That 5 million for the coach, plus a support for Earl and Vince Young and probably a few 100k for Brown has to come from some where
Are you saying that you get what you pay for or that you pay premium for quality?
Did the girls on here put you up to saying that?

That 5 million for the coach, plus a support for Earl and Vince Young and probably a few 100k for Brown has to come from some where Originally Posted by Jimmiwad
They charge that much and put out a 6-7 team. A team that was a complete embarrassment to the Big 12, the state of Texas, and the entire history of Texas football in the prestigious Texas Bowl. That new AD and coach need to put a product on the field that's worthy of those prices BEFORE they triple charge us.
They charge that much and put out a 6-7 team. A team that was a complete embarrassment to the Big 12, the state of Texas, and the entire history of Texas football in the prestigious Texas Bowl. That new AD and coach need to put a product on the field that's worthy of those prices BEFORE they triple charge us. Originally Posted by chuckles
I'd be willing to bet in this football-crazy state that the increase in price will have a minor impact on fans keeping their season tickets. For those that are protesting by giving up their seats, there's probably many others willing to bite the bullet and pay the ridiculous prices Me?? I usually go to one game a year because my wife is a UT grad.
For this year, I'm sticking with the existing plan of paying half-price or less at the stadium on game day. Once inside, you can still sit just about anywhere, anyway. Student side if it get desperate.

With luck, my plan falls completely apart within a year or two. OK, with a lot of luck... and a minor miracle or two, or three... and maybe the seas parting and a comet
I agree with you guys that UT is going to be able to gouge whatever prices they want. But did you see the report in the Statesman that reveals the UT academic advisor has been guiding our "student athletes" into easy courses like Kiddie Lit with reading requirements like Charlotte's Cocksucking Web and James the Giant Fucking Peach? They're setting the bar that low and still putting out a shitty product.
They charge that much and put out a 6-7 team. A team that was a complete embarrassment to the Big 12, the state of Texas, and the entire history of Texas football in the prestigious Texas Bowl. That new AD and coach need to put a product on the field that's worthy of those prices BEFORE they triple charge us. Originally Posted by chuckles
Sorry to tell you, but the comment as to the state of Texas..... you do know that outside of Austin the rest of the state does *not* necessarily bleed burnt orange.

The state of burnt orange myopia is a hoot after moving back to Austin again. Forgot how deep it runs.....
Well, that's what happens when everyone get grandfathered in at low rates, they have to make it up somewhere. At least the Aggies had the good sense to raise the required donations every year, though at a max percentage increase per year. You could still end up paying less than the guy right next to you.
At least until they decided to rebuild the stadium and decided to fuck over everyone. The 10-year buy-in effectively doubled the required donation and you weren't guaranteed to get the same seats you'd had for years. Decided to just buy the tickets to games I really want to see on FlashSeats. Turns out to be way cheaper when you amortize in the donations to the ticket costs.
I vote they quit the "field games" such as football and go straight to gladiator games.. only one athlete leaves the field in the end... the rest are buzzard food.. THEN I'D consider paying the ridiculous price for a ticket.. Sign Me up.
I read in the sports page season ticket sales went from 57% to 52% of the stadium so far. But revenue is up over 1 million due to the increases. On another note Patterson doing some decent things with the "game day experience" selling beer and improving the food vendors. I read where Torchey's tacos signed on.
I just heard they approved selling beer in the general admission area whereas alcohol was only available in the club level seats & up.
That's crazy derek!!!

I am lucky enough to get excellent (football and basketball) tickets from people my dad knows at least two games a season especially then they are not playing well. Honestly, I have never actually paid for a UT ticket or parking. Oh wait scratch that, I have paid for baseball and softball. Now those, are some reasonably priced tickets.

Hopefully, the product on the football field justifies those ticket prices!!!!
I read in the sports page season ticket sales went from 57% to 52% of the stadium so far. But revenue is up over 1 million due to the increases. Originally Posted by derek303
Sounds like a good business move.
Funny how the top ranked schools like Yale, Harvard, Stanford, Berkeley, Harvard, University of Chicago and so on have no emphasis on their sports teams. But when you get to the shitty schools it's all about the rah rah hoorah of the team. When I went to UT sports wasn't that important and everyone there wanted the school be be thought of for academic achievement but now it's about the fucking teams. What a downward movement as in when a turd moves downward and into the tank.