anything better?

is there anything better than the first home grown tomato of the year and the BLT it was sacrificed for? anyone here grow tomatoes? just picked my first one. yum yum.
  • Loxly
  • 06-20-2015, 02:09 PM
Wish I could. Garden space is on my list of requirements in my house hunting. Really miss having fresh stuff for my soups and stews.
LOXLY I am house hunting too. this market is so overpriced. of course my mom finally decided it was time to move in with me and let me take care of her right when the prices went off the scale. My issue is I want duplex or mother in law plan, some what central city AND affordable which is impossible to find. good luck to you on the hunt. I feel i will get the right one thru connections and living here forever and knowing everyone and getting one before it hits the market. I have a few leads like that, friends of friends who want a real austinite and not a california developer who will raze the property. we shall see how it all works out. I am owed some good house karma and plan on cashing in on that. Hope we both find what we want.
My tomatoes - a mixed lot of heirloom species - are delish at the moment. Although a few of the larger varieties split from the rain. Have been growing them in a VegTrug raised bed from the UK.

Good luck with the home search. The last time I bid on a house in Austin there were 13 offers. All way over the sales price. It's a bubble that will pop (and price$$$ will reset when that happens)