How do you feel about giving a provider info of employment??

yea or nah?
  • Old-T
  • 01-08-2014, 01:11 PM
  • kthwk
  • 01-10-2014, 06:19 AM
NEVER
No Proble,: I am retired.
Necessary with some providers but not with others.
If you don't feel comfortable giving up that type of information and the lady in question will accept no other then simply move on.

There will come a time when you meet with a lady who is a friend or "co worker" of hers and that will save you that step later on.
Sure, no problem. But only if she sends you a pic of her driver's license first.
And the pic must match her Showcase pics. That way you can't blackmail each other...

I've NEVER had a Provider ask me where I work.
It all depends on the provider. I have never been asked for personal information by a well established, verified provider, but I would probably be ok with disclosing some personal information to them if they also gave up theirs. On the flip side, I have been asked by a couple 'newbie' to provide an unreasonable amount of information (one girl wanted a copy of my drivers license and a credit report to validate my place of employment) and I told them hell no and moved on.

I understand that some providers feel the need to verify us hobbyists for their safety. I get it. But they also need to understand that they are not the only ones with something to lose and their is a point when it is too much.
  • DMike
  • 01-12-2014, 05:25 AM
NEVER Originally Posted by kthwk
+1
+1 Originally Posted by DMike
not after what just happened to me.....

nope not going to do that no more
not after what just happened to me.....

nope not going to do that no more Originally Posted by mike triton
If my boss was informed that I saw a provider he would be soooo mad that I didn't tell him the details lol.

Being a sailor it is kind of the norm.
Trust your intuition. Only if she gives off a trustworthy feel/good vibe, has a well-established reputation, and is mature
  • WTF
  • 01-12-2014, 07:00 PM
Trust your intuition. Only if she gives off a trustworthy feel/good vibe, has a well-established reputation, and is mature Originally Posted by Zabrina Sarafina
In other words never give out personal information!
I tell them I'm a Russian Aviator, works every time.