Russia probe grand jury looks like ‘a Black Lives Matter rally,’ says witness

https://pagesix.com/2018/01/02/russi...920.1514521451

witness states:
“The grand jury room looks like a Bernie Sanders rally,” my source said. “Maybe they found these jurors in central casting, or at a Black Lives Matter rally in Berkeley [Calif.]”

is there any value to having grand juries?

Sol Wachtler, the former chief judge in New York, once called for abolishing grand juries because they are so easily manipulated that they would “indict a ham sandwich.”
"The Washington, DC, grand jury.."

There may be some fertile ground for a challenge. A judge empanels a Grand Jury, not the prosecutor aka Mueller. And this witch hunt may be one of the rare occasions in which the proceedings recorded during the sessions may be discoverable by the defense in order to show bias and prejudice on the part of the Grand Jury as well as the prosecution team. It occurs that wearing "PeaceNik" Tshirts is "over the top" as far as professionalism is concerned. Immature is more appropriate.
"The Washington, DC, grand jury.."

There may be some fertile ground for a challenge. A judge empanels a Grand Jury, not the prosecutor aka Mueller. And this witch hunt may be one of the rare occasions in which the proceedings recorded during the sessions may be discoverable by the defense in order to show bias and prejudice on the part of the Grand Jury as well as the prosecution team. It occurs that wearing "PeaceNik" Tshirts is "over the top" as far as professionalism is concerned. Immature is more appropriate. Originally Posted by LexusLover
It was by Mueller's direction that the Grand Jury was impaneled in D.C. and not in Alexandria, Virginia, where the original Grand Jury was impaneled. Every decision Mueller has made from selecting his team of hostile, pro-hildebeest, agenda driven agents to impaneling a Grand Jury in a town known to have overwhelmingly voted against Trump has the earmarks of being rigged towards a predetermined outcome.
It was by Mueller's direction that the Grand Jury was impaneled in D.C. and not in Alexandria, Virginia, where the original Grand Jury was impaneled. Every decision Mueller has made from selecting his team of hostile, pro-hildebeest, agenda driven agents to impaneling a Grand Jury in a town known to have overwhelmingly voted against Trump has the earmarks of being rigged towards a predetermined outcome.
Originally Posted by I B Hankering
Mueller didn't select the Grand Jurors, but I'm not saying his "venue" was friendly to Trump either, and Virginia probably wouldn't be much better, although perhaps somewhat. The Grand Jurors were selected by the Judge and from a panel just like a petite jury panel .. except there's do defendant's counsel to make objections. "Jury selection" is a misnomer ... jurors are disqualified or rejected and the sitting jurors are taken in numeric order (from 1 to ....) of the group left. That's the way it should be done. If that process is not followed, then anyone indicted from that sitting Grand Jury can make an objection and seek a dismissal of the indictment(s). That was my point.

https://beta.code.dccouncil.us/dc/co...s/11-1906.html

If you browse further you will see the similarity between grand and petite jury selection and process. The purpose is just different ....

... and your use of the word "direction" is misguided .. it's more of a "request" of the Presiding Federal Judge of the District.

As a practical matter a jury panel in D.C. would look about like a California jury panel as far as Trump et al are concerned, but with a heavier dose of tree huggers (what trees are left) and comfort pet owners ... and now more legally impaired persons.
Originally Posted by I B Hankering
Of course it’s rigged! Twitler said so .. and he’s got the biggest nuclear button and it works!

Mueller didn't select the Grand Jurors, but I'm not saying his "venue" was friendly to Trump either, and Virginia probably wouldn't be much better, although perhaps somewhat. The Grand Jurors were selected by the Judge and from a panel just like a [I]petite [/]jury panel .. except there's do defendant's counsel to make objections. "Jury selection" is a misnomer ... jurors are disqualified or rejected and the sitting jurors are taken in numeric order (from 1 to ....) of the group left. That's the way it should be done. If that process is not followed, then anyone indicted from that sitting Grand Jury can make an objection and seek a dismissal of the indictment(s). That was my point.

https://beta.code.dccouncil.us/dc/co...s/11-1906.html

If you browse further you will see the similarity between grand and petite jury selection and process. The purpose is just different ....

... and your use of the word "direction" is misguided .. it's more of a "request" of the Presiding Federal Judge of the District.

As a practical matter a jury panel in D.C. would look about like a California jury panel as far as Trump et al are concerned, but with a heavier dose of tree huggers (what trees are left) and comfort pet owners ... and now more legally impaired persons. Originally Posted by LexusLover
For someone who neither tries cases nor employs whookers, you sure seem confused over your terminology, LLiarMan. JURY - Petit; WHOOKER -Petite. Read up on both, LLiarMan, please, before making an ass of yourself yet again.

You “scholars” can argue procedure all you want, but in the final analysis, this nation is racing headlong into fascism, impelled by a madman with a Sphincter for a mouth.

And you’re a’hootin’ and a’hollerin’ all the way.

Yee fucking haw!