Niki Haley Makes A huge Mistake.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/us/comme...-primary-2024/

This 2023. If a reporter asks you what was the primary cause of our “Civil Wa”, there is only one answer.

Slavery.

It makes no difference what you believe, or whether it is even true. Any other answer, especially the one she gave, is unsatisfactory.

I hope she can rebound, because I believe a Trump/Haley ticket would be a winner.
NOT the only answer. Her answer sucked, but the Civil War was not ONLY about slavery. We shouldn't try to rewrite history for whoever screams the loudest.
Haley is much better under the microscope than Trump. GOP would be foolish to waste her as a VP candidate

But yeah, she fucked up. Pales by comparison with her rivals.
NOT the only answer. Her answer sucked, but the Civil War was not ONLY about slavery. We shouldn't try to rewrite history for whoever screams the loudest. Originally Posted by xfrankx
Not re writing history.

Recognizing political reality.

You and I both know that slavery was just one factor, although a major one.
Her real fuck-up was the way she dismissed the guy asking the question. All -recoverable, until she said "next question" without adding to the answer on slavery. She side stepped that into a giant pot hole. Not irrecoverable, but she's gonna need to do damage control.

I'd vote for Haley over Trump and over Biden in 24. But she's literally the only GOP POTUS candidate I have any trust or faith in. She's also got the experience from being a SOS; I think she would kick ass and also get people to reach across aisles to get work done- as CONGRESS is supposed to do.

Further, if Trump is on any ticket, doesnt' matter who is VP is, since it's a do nothing position, I'll vote for a toasted cheese sandwich first, or Joe Biden or who, whatever is the DEM nominee.
this is not going to hurt haley....
  • Supra
  • 12-29-2023, 03:49 PM
Trump / Haley 2024 a combination that can't be beat (unless it is rigged and stolen or WWIII breaks out and they suspend the election)

SNICK SNICK SNICK SNICK
... and there's the rub --- Haley WON'T be Trump's VP choice.
Whether she made a mistake or not.

### Salty
  • Supra
  • 12-29-2023, 05:34 PM
... and there's the rub --- Haley WON'T be Trump's VP choice.
Whether she made a mistake or not.

### Salty Originally Posted by Salty Again
Well Salty....
At least she is open to the idea. Democrats will shit their pants if this happens.

Nikki Haley as Trump’s VP? She doesn’t reject idea, says they ‘worked well together’

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/nikki-hale...164625426.html
“Supra,” I’ll bet you right now that Haley is not Trumps running mate in November.

Of course, the GOP wants to take back the White House and knows the American people will NEVER accept Trump for the same reasons he’s on trial now.

Haley’s career would be in the same shithouse that Pence’s is. And Palin’s is.

How stupid will the GOP be?
  • Supra
  • 12-29-2023, 07:27 PM
“Supra,” I’ll bet you right now that Haley is not Trumps running mate in November.

Of course, the GOP wants to take back the White House and knows the American people will NEVER accept Trump for the same reasons he’s on trial now.

Haley’s career would be in the same shithouse that Pence’s is. And Palin’s is.

How stupid will the GOP be? Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
The polls prove you have no clue what you are spittling.

The polls prove you have no clue what you are spittling.

Originally Posted by Supra
ew. thaTs disgusting... lol

use a better one like this:

Of Guideline #6 . . .
#6 - Respect the topics presented by those who start a thread. Attempts to derail a thread or change it's direction is referred to as thread hijack and will be discouraged. Attempts to guide a thread in the right direction are appreciated, while responses to posts which hijack a thread are not.
I for one don’t view what she said as troubling. Like J S said believe what you want to believe, it was all about power. Trump wouldn’t pick her .
According to this column, Haley’s comment weren’t a mistake, but a pattern for her. She has long avoided criticizing the Confederacy.

https://apple.news/AblvVfLJzSse6_44SARMRNw