Touring Colorado and looking for advice

I used to live in the Springs, but I was wondering where some good places to take my daughter (an adult) to sight see. I will take her all around the Springs where I used to live. Garden of the Gods, Pikes Peak, Manitou Springs, Old Colorado City....

Are there any special events happening at the end of the month maybe?

Thanks,
Starr
I used to live in the Springs, but I was wondering where some good places to take my daughter (an adult) to sight see. I will take her all around the Springs where I used to live. Garden of the Gods, Pikes Peak, Manitou Springs, Old Colorado City....

Are there any special events happening at the end of the month maybe?

Thanks,
Starr Originally Posted by TexasStarr
I recommend a trip to Estes Park. The Aspen are turning and if the Old Fall River Road is open, the trip to the Ranger Station atop Trailridge is a sightseer's delight. I'll be back in that area next week, and this is definitely on my "to do" list.
Is that where The Overlook Hotel is located? LOL I think it was based in Estes Park or something.
Is that where The Overlook Hotel is located? LOL I think it was based in Estes Park or something. Originally Posted by TexasStarr
The Stanley Hotel is there - that was the supposed inspiration for "The Shining" and the remake of the movie was done at the Stanley a few years back.
The Stanley Hotel is there - that was the supposed inspiration for "The Shining" and the remake of the movie was done at the Stanley a few years back. Originally Posted by snowbeard
Really? I didn't know that and now I must make a trip! I always thought it was filmed at Mt. Hood but growing up in Oregon it was probably just made up to boost our appeal as a state. :-D

I would suggest taking the cog train to the top of Pikes Peak. Driving can be a bit much if there are any tourists and the train is relaxing. I believe that the coffin races are over, but someone on here might no more about that than me.
We did take the COG up Pikes Peak. Fabulous views for sure. Back home now and wish I didn't have to leave Colorado, but nonetheless I had to come home. Hopefully I will be back soon. I really enjoy it there.
We did take the COG up Pikes Peak. Fabulous views for sure. Back home now and wish I didn't have to leave Colorado, but nonetheless I had to come home. Hopefully I will be back soon. I really enjoy it there. Originally Posted by TexasStarr
I'm happy to hear that you had a wonderful time! I am originally from Oregon and I love being close to the mountains! I just wish there was more water here. :-)