Planning a trip

I'm trying to plan a trip to CR sometime after the first of the year. Probably April. Never been, but have read up on here a bit. Anyone else interested give me a shout. Or if you have any tips do the same. You can pm me on here, but I don't get on here everyday. Thanks in advance.
Making my first trip there next week.
I am planning a vacation, not sure where yet but Costa Rica intrigues me. My Espanol is kind of shaky, though. Can I get around with English? Also, I'd be going solo, any problems there? I'm not the type to attract unwanted attention and keep to myself.
U will have no issue without Spanish. Quite a bit of ppl there speak English. Most Uber drivers speak it too. Download google translate to get by in a pinch.
Recently visited Costa Rica for a bachelor party in May, we stayed out in Jaco Beach and rented a 14 room house on the beach front. Awesome time; I suggest getting a room at the Hotel Cocal is that where the majority of the action is gonna take place and it is also centrally located in the middle of main drag of town.
The condos behind cocal is better. Not much more. Much nicer and quieter. If you stay at cocal get a room facing the beach unless you plan to stay up until 2 or so.
  • momo
  • 11-08-2017, 11:19 AM
The condos behind cocal is better. Not much more. Much nicer and quieter. If you stay at cocal get a room facing the beach unless you plan to stay up until 2 or so. Originally Posted by Ronin3
Isn't that what you're supposed to do?? Have a new rental GF for the night so u can make your own noise the entire night?
Isn't that what you're supposed to do?? Have a new rental GF for the night so u can make your own noise the entire night? Originally Posted by momo
I guess so if you're 25. I'm 63. I prefer 2-3 short term leases and asleep by 1 or 2am so I can repeat the next night.
I am planning a trip myself late April, early March. While researching I have found www.CostaRicaTicas.com (Mongoring website, locals and fellow mongors). Sign up and ask any questions you may have. Membership does cost about $40/month or 140/lifetime.

check out skokka, and ymas (like backpage), to get a feel of how much and what is out there adveritsing. But it seems since it is legal in Costa Rica, the internet doesn't mean as much as it does here. It is still Meet in person, and go from there.

I am still checking hotels and flights.

Let me know how your plans/trip goes.

Have fun
Just show up and have fun - Ticas everywhere and easy - we had one friend who got the baggage girl at the Airports number and ended up knocking her up - Now he has a reason to go a few times a year
Just show up and have fun - Ticas everywhere and easy - we had one friend who got the baggage girl at the Airports number and ended up knocking her up - Now he has a reason to go a few times a year Originally Posted by johnjhouston
Damn that's crazy.