OBAMA'S WAR ON AMERICAN WORKERS CONTINUES...

The new labor data confirms the old labor data:
In December 2007 the number of foreign-born workers was 22,810,000. By April 2015, the number had increased to 24,819,000 or a net job growth of more than 2 million.

For native-born workers that number in December 2007 was 123,524,000 by April of this year the number of employed native-born Americans was 123,769,000 or a net job growth of 245,000.

The month of April marks the first month since the end of the recession where native-born Americans had more jobs than they did prior to the recession.
In other words, it took Obama about six years to create net jobs for American workers; all the while he flooded the US with illegal and legal cheap, unskilled replacement workers (and their families). And Obama demands American workers pay for the education, healthcare, insurance, food stamps, and welfare services for his foreign born workers.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...nce-recession/
More lies from a right-wing spin machine. Brietbart? C'mon.

http://www.factcheck.org/2014/07/oba...y-2014-update/
So what you are saying WW is that the ONLY!!! people who should be working here are native born Americans. Correct?
Nope. I am saying that the American labor market is being flooded by cheap legal and illegal immigration. And our politicians are selling the American worker down the river. And Obama is leading the way.

A sensible policy is to put a stop to it.

Border enforcement
Employment enforcement

Are you saying the American worker is too lazy to work?

Stop importing cheap labor and wages will increase. And the overtaxed American worker won't be burned with the welfare state that cheap labor requires (schools, hospitals, food subsidies, criminal justice).

So what you are saying WW is that the ONLY!!! people who should be working here are native born Americans. Correct? Originally Posted by chefnerd
Nope. I am saying that the American labor market is being flooded by cheap legal and illegal immigration. And our politicians are selling the American worker down the river. And Obama is leading the way.

Border enforcement
Employment enforcement Originally Posted by Whirlaway
Who is hiring these workers whirrly? The government or private sector?
Democrats and Republicans, Independents and Libertarians. Marxists and Tea Party types.

The private sector is the biggest offender; but local and state government is rank as well...especially when outsourcing (road construction, trash removal, etc).

Who is hiring these workers whirrly? The government or private sector? Originally Posted by i'va biggen
The numbers are readily available from the government Bureau of Labor Services.

http://www.bls.gov/

If the data is a lie; then why don't you post what you think is the correct data.

Here is my data (posted again). The BLS numbers don't lie and prove my point. But if you have contrary facts, then post your data and prove me wrong.

More lies from a right-wing spin machine. Brietbart? C'mon.

http://www.factcheck.org/2014/07/oba...y-2014-update/ Originally Posted by WombRaider

Border enforcement
Employment enforcement

Stop importing cheap labor and wages will increase. And the overtaxed American worker won't be burned with the welfare state that cheap labor requires (schools, hospitals, food subsidies, criminal justice). Originally Posted by Whirlaway
Whirlway if you practice what you preached why don't you grow some balls and go around to all these businesses that you see in the Dallas world that employs all these "illegal immigrants".
What gets me is I work in Industrial plants. I have to have a TWIC, pass a background security check, Homeland Security cleareance. ... But I know for a fact there are people in there tha are not US born or here legally but they some how get into these plants and are working for the largest EPC companies in the world. They are put in postions to do things unsafe even though The managers preach safety is #1. Bullshit! Then they act like Americans are lazy or causing problems wnen we do things the right way and concerned about our long term health.
The plant personnell dont care because we are just contractors.
I follow the safety training and document everything ... That is why they leave me alone but they have laid others off and then replace with guess what.
I am making sure I am the last generation in m family to work for a contractor. The illegals can have the work, because in reality safety is bad and you are really on your own. The managers really dont care about the workers and that is a fact. I have been there and experienced many things. I know what I am talking about. It is not only the pay and benefits the illegals are bring down but also the working conditions.
I think there is some truth to those numbers. There is a trend in that area. The private sector has a big hand in that. However the Government could do some things to entice the private sector to hire American Citizens first. Income Tax Rebates would be a start. I don't really affiliate myself with one political party or another. However, I feel President Obama is trying way to hard to be a World Politician first, and this country is in desperate need of an American first politician.

This is still the land of opportunity, and that is self evident by the fact that legal immigration is at capacity each year. There would be nothing wrong with reducing that capacity each year so that the job market can catch up.

Our classroom history books don't fully explain what made this country strong to begin with. We had a small government, with little to no reserve, no benefits available, if man could work, he did, and he work hard. You don't work, you don't eat. There was no hand outs and welfare. We grew as a nation and we grew strong. Then the 60s hit, and as Paul Harvey would say........................... ....
I think there is some truth to those numbers. There is a trend in that area. The private sector has a big hand in that. However the Government could do some things to entice the private sector to hire American Citizens first. Income Tax Rebates would be a start. I don't really affiliate myself with one political party or another. However, I feel President Obama is trying way to hard to be a World Politician first, and this country is in desperate need of an American first politician.

This is still the land of opportunity, and that is self evident by the fact that legal immigration is at capacity each year. There would be nothing wrong with reducing that capacity each year so that the job market can catch up.

Our classroom history books don't fully explain what made this country strong to begin with. We had a small government, with little to no reserve, no benefits available, if man could work, he did, and he work hard. You don't work, you don't eat. There was no hand outs and welfare. We grew as a nation and we grew strong. Then the 60s hit, and as Paul Harvey would say........................... .... Originally Posted by Jarhead Ret
This is patently false. Government has never been small. The Homestead Act of 1862 gave land away as long as you worked it. That's a form of handout or welfare. The GI Bill after WW2 was a form of government help, and created the middle class in this country. People are under this illusion that capitalism creates a middle class. It never has. The rich get richer and concentrate more of the power at the top, as is happening right now.
  • shanm
  • 05-08-2015, 03:52 PM

Border enforcement
Employment enforcement

Stop importing cheap labor and wages will increase. And the overtaxed American worker won't be burned with the welfare state that cheap labor requires (schools, hospitals, food subsidies, criminal justice). Originally Posted by Whirlaway
"Obama's war on American workers continues".
You're just another stupid motherfucker. You have no interest in getting to the bottom of the problem and you'll be content with playing partisan politics as long as you get a pothole to shit in.

Hiring illegals is simply the cost of pure unadulterated capitalism, and not even of the crony kind. Companies are hiring illegals because they cost less. When companies can avoid paying payroll and social security taxes on their employees, why wouldn't they?
None of this has much to do with Obama but more-so to do with a broken government (as a whole). The government doesn't enforce proper taxation laws and the IRS is more than content with just ignoring the entire problem. The blue collar crowd in America is the one bearing the brunt of it.

Yes, that's exactly what I'm telling you. That might not be what you want to hear but its the truth. When Toyota deployed it's Kaizen Strategy in the U.S for the first time they failed because they realized that the ideals of "continuous improvement" could not be instilled in a company whose workers were as lazy and inefficient as Americans.

We have people coming in from China, India, all different parts of Europe and they're all either better skilled or simply more hard-working than most Americans. Our economy is doing extremely well currently: corporate profits are at record highs, we're making breakthroughs in technology, science, media etc etc every single day, and I highly doubt that all of it would or could be achieved without high-skilled workers from foreign countries. Clearly, whatever policies we have had for immigration of skilled labor have been working on the macroeconomic scale. Contrary to what people might have you believe, we have never had a surplus of skilled labor. And that is because our economy is expanding constantly, creating new jobs and new markets which employ workers both domestic and foreign. If you truly want a job in today's America, you'll find one. Just don't be under the illusion that you'll be able to keep it while simply sitting on your ass.

One major issue that comes into play is labor mobility. An immigrant labor is more likely and more willing to move to the location which offers him a job. Native born worker...not so much. They already have their homes and families established, and therefore aren't as willing to relocate. An aerospace engineer might not find much work in the corn fields of Iowa, but there will be plenty for him in Texas (Houston, DFW). I remember reading that economists consider this a prime issue in todays labor market economics and it is one of the leading causes of better immigrant job growth compared to native workers. I'll post some links later.
You are an idiot; no other economic system has done more to create a middle class than capitalism. The single most important aspect of capitalism is private property rights. Ownership of real property and assets has been the single driving force in creating the middle class (around the word). Without property ownership where would the world's population be?

Answer: Poorer, much much poorer and more would fall into poverty without private property rights.

You are an economic dunce in your denial that capitalism creates a middle class.

This is patently false. Government has never been small. The Homestead Act of 1862 gave land away as long as you worked it. That's a form of handout or welfare. The GI Bill after WW2 was a form of government help, and created the middle class in this country. People are under this illusion that capitalism creates a middle class. It never has. The rich get richer and concentrate more of the power at the top, as is happening right now. Originally Posted by WombRaider
If it wasn't for foreign and Nazi scientists coming to work in the U.S. after WW2 we would have never beat the Russians in the space race. Yeah a lot of the labor we get from abroad is unskilled workers but a good deal of it is highly educated people from around the world who lead the way in fields like medicine and technology. Hope you enjoy using the computer that uses code probably written by a foreigner.
There are more than 600,000 H1B workers here many have displaced American workers with the same background and education. Reason...Cheaper and cannot complain about bennies, and working conditions. Most of these jobs are the highest paying.