Good bye B B

Lucille has been silenced with the death of B B King tonight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fk2prKnYnI
He was the King of the Blues
Wow. That is sad. What a great musician.
RIP B. B.
  • Old-T
  • 05-15-2015, 08:10 AM
Had the good fortune to see him live a number of times. A definite loss. Rest in peace BB.
All hail the King of the Blues !! Sorry to see that he's passed, but what a great body of work ! And to consider all of those that he influenced and are carrying on the Blues tradition. " There's got to be a Rock and Roll Heaven and ya know they got a Hell of a band " . Especially now ! RIP Riley B. King and thanks for all the moments of joy that you gave to your fellow humans.
Another icon who came out of the Mississippi Delta and defined American culture.

One of America's great road trips. The Nat Geo calls it a drive of a lifetime - Highway 61. The musicians and music that came from this small area are legendary. Immortalized in Bob Dylan's iconic Highway 61 revisited album, and made famous by Robert Johnson's "Deal With The Devil" (think Crossroads recorded by Eric Clapton and Cream).

Highway 61 running south out of Memphis forms a legendary route along the Mississippi River evocative of a delicious slice of Americana represented by a genre of music known as the Delta blues.

A road is a road, but sometimes it's more. Sometimes a road sings. Drive the old Blues Highway—Route 61 between Memphis and Vicksburg—in search of music, and you'll find it everywhere you turn. Soul, gospel, and R&B spill out of car windows and church doors. Sometimes the music is played on guitars picked with calloused fingers in juke joints tucked under the pine trees. Muddy Waters rode the Blues Highway. So did John Lee Hooker, Bessie Smith, and B.B. King. Elvis knew it, too—his rock-and-roll is as rooted in the delta as a cypress tree in the lowland muck.
http://travel.nationalgeographic.com...way-road-trip/
If you live anywhere close and blues music is in your soul; it is worth the drive to travel The Blues Highway ( US 61) between Memphis and Vicksburg.....

I did it on the Harley several years ago; one of my best rides ever. Great food, roads, music, and people.

Go and experience what Mississippi has given the world:

http://www.msbluestrail.org/index.aspx
The thrill is gone..........
The thrill is gone.......... Originally Posted by The2Dogs
Yes Sir! it is...
RIP
Yes Sir! it is... Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB
You DO know what he's talking about, SLOBBRIN, right? Because if you don't, I've Got News For You...
You DO know what he's talking about, SLOBBRIN, right? Because if you don't, I've Got News For You... Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
You obviously don't know shit about BB King.

Why am I not surprised?
You DO know what he's talking about, SLOBBRIN, right? Because if you don't, I've Got News For You... Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Why is it so hard for you to show some respect in a thread honoring a black man, AssupRacist?