Someone likened trump to Jesus

A person on here (I've never seen anyone else make such a claim)claimed that Jesus was a conservative and that trump is like Jesus was. Starting a new religion for the world is pretty progressive. And starting that religion was against Roman law (He gave his human life for violating it). He was very liberal sharing food, salvation, and medical treatment.
Jesus didn't throw people under the bus (figuratively) and accepted all people the way they were. He forgave everyone who asked him. He made no promises of retribution.

Trump is nothing like Jesus was.

I'm going to list the rules Jesus lived by and then compare trump's actions and deeds.

The 10 Commandments List, Short Form*

1 You shall have no other gods before Me.
2 You shall not make idols.
3 You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain.
trump does this frequently as well as other swear words.
4 Remember the Sabbath day to keep it holy.
Is golf holy? Campaign events bearing false witness? Nothing in the bible is holy to trump.
5 Honor your father and your mother.
Hard to say but he did bury his ex on a golf course.
6 You shall not murder.
Maybe, maybe not. He did claim he could shoot somebody in front of witnesses and get away with it.
7 You shall not commit adultery.
We know he's done that. Many, many times.
8 You shall not steal.
We know he's done that (all the documents).
9 You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
Don't get me started on this one. 30,000+ in 4 years and still counting.
10 You shall not covet.
Coveting should be his middle name. He coveted an extra term he hadn't won. He covets the approval of the world's dictators. The list is too long to list.
... It surely might do you better to GO BACK and read
what I actually mentioned there.

... That Jesus WAS NOT Insurrectionist.

... I then mentioned a few reasons WHY Jesus wasn't one.
And one o' them was that Jesus was NOT burning down churches.

Reckon though that I'm somewhat mystified with yer comment that the
Temples and what-not were made of stone. Rather tough to catch a-fire.

Is THAT to mean that Jesus may have wanted to burn them, but couldn't?

... I don't believe that Jesus wanted to do that.

... And the references I made between Jesus and Trump were that
both of them have Conservative views and surely have been persecuted
by over-zealous government. ... A government that KILLED Jesus.

... Will they KILL Trump??

.. Lemme also throw-in a few ways of how Jesus is like Trump:

Conservative views... NOT forcing churches to CLOSE, and of course
the whole Abortion issue. ... 9th month Abortions and for that matter,
the idea of killing babys that survive the Abortion.

And don't lemme forget - LESS Wars - Jesus and Trump, two fellows
with Conservative like-minds on some issues.

... Thanks fer starting this thread, mate!

#### Salty
And nobody called Jesus “insurrectionist” (sic) either, Salty.

The only thing Trump and Jesus have in common is that people commonly ask the latter about the behavior of the former.

To wit,

“Jesus Christ can you believe what that dipshit Trump just said?”
And nobody called Jesus “insurrectionist” (sic) either, Salty.

The only thing Trump and Jesus have in common is that people commonly ask the latter about the behavior of the former.

To wit,

“Jesus Christ can you believe what that dipshit Trump just said?” Originally Posted by Yssup Rider

no one says that except you.

bahahhaaaaa
this is a weird thread

jesus said to render unto caesar.

it means to obey and follow the laws of your govt.
The complete quote is " (from the King James Bible)
And Jesus answering said unto them, Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's. And they marvelled at him."
This was in regard to paying taxes. Not about the laws of Rome.
Why did you only mention the first part of the quote and ignore the second part while ignoring the subject matter?

"Render unto Caesar" is the beginning of a phrase attributed to Jesus in the synoptic gospels, which reads in full, "Render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and unto God the things that are God's" (Ἀπόδοτε οὖν τὰ Καίσαρος Καίσαρι καὶ τὰ τοῦ Θεοῦ τῷ Θεῷ).[1]

This phrase has become a widely quoted summary of the relationship between Christianity, secular government, and society. The original message, coming in response to a question of whether it was lawful for Jews to pay taxes to Caesar, gives rise to multiple possible interpretations about the circumstances under which it is desirable for Christians to submit to earthly authority."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Render...CE%B5%E1%BF%B7).

QUOTE=dilbert firestorm;1063357638]this is a weird thread

it means to obey and follow the laws of your govt.[/QUOTE]
Thread hijack attempt.

None of your input was mentioned in the OP of this thread.
... It surely might do you better to GO BACK and read
what I actually mentioned there.

... That Jesus WAS NOT Insurrectionist.

... I then mentioned a few reasons WHY Jesus wasn't one.
And one o' them was that Jesus was NOT burning down churches.

Reckon though that I'm somewhat mystified with yer comment that the
Temples and what-not were made of stone. Rather tough to catch a-fire.

Is THAT to mean that Jesus may have wanted to burn them, but couldn't?

... I don't believe that Jesus wanted to do that.

... And the references I made between Jesus and Trump were that
both of them have Conservative views and surely have been persecuted
by over-zealous government. ... A government that KILLED Jesus.

... Will they KILL Trump??

.. Lemme also throw-in a few ways of how Jesus is like Trump:

Conservative views... NOT forcing churches to CLOSE, and of course
the whole Abortion issue. ... 9th month Abortions and for that matter,
the idea of killing babys that survive the Abortion.

And don't lemme forget - LESS Wars - Jesus and Trump, two fellows
with Conservative like-minds on some issues.

... Thanks fer starting this thread, mate!

#### Salty Originally Posted by Salty Again
Tig, dude is comparing Trump to Jesus. Is that really someone you want to waste your time with when trying to have a rational discussion?

There is a higher probability of me successfully teaching my dog how to use a toilet and flush when she is done than you convincing that guy that Trump does not walk on water.

You can keep wasting your time and accumulate points because you will eventually start to insult him and he will RTM them. Or do what you should do and just roll your eyes and ignore him or anyone else when they go next level goofy (which many people do quite often in this particular forum).
Thanks for the good advice. I already know that but I still rise to the bait occasionally. Part of it is just trying to maintain a discussion but there hasn't been a real discussion for quite some time. I'll keep it down to a due diligence reply for myself.
Tig, dude is comparing Trump to Jesus. Is that really someone you want to waste your time with when trying to have a rational discussion?

There is a higher probability of me successfully teaching my dog how to use a toilet and flush when she is done than you convincing that guy that Trump does not walk on water.

You can keep wasting your time and accumulate points because you will eventually start to insult him and he will RTM them. Or do what you should do and just roll your eyes and ignore him or anyone else when they go next level goofy (which many people do quite often in this particular forum). Originally Posted by Lucas McCain
... No, Tigbitties38, no "thread hijack, but me explanation
of why I mentioned both Jesus and Trump in the other thread.

Actually, the "bait" here was YOU surely crafting this thread
to TARGET me without using me-own name directly.

... But no need for us to barney about the issue.

#### Salty
Why did you only mention the first part of the quote and ignore the second part while ignoring the subject matter?... Originally Posted by Tigbitties38
[/QUOTE]

Par for course with him and his ilk. If it doesn't fit their narrative, make it fit. They'll continue to parse such in the future.

Persecution complex coming out?
Of the Following . . .
#6 - Respect the topics presented by those who start a thread. Attempts to derail a thread or change it's direction is referred to as thread hijack and will be discouraged. Attempts to guide a thread in the right direction are appreciated, while responses to posts which hijack a thread are not.
... No, Tigbitties38, no "thread hijack, but me explanation
of why I mentioned both Jesus and Trump in the other thread.

... But no need for us to barney about the issue.

If you wished to defend your post in another Thread, the you should have posted you defense/response in the Other Thread.
I am a steadfast Trump supporter ,but he isn’t now or will he ever be close to Jesus
Maybe Jesus was orange.
The complete quote is " (from the King James Bible)
And Jesus answering said unto them, Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's. And they marvelled at him."
This was in regard to paying taxes. Not about the laws of Rome.
Why did you only mention the first part of the quote and ignore the second part while ignoring the subject matter?

"Render unto Caesar" is the beginning of a phrase attributed to Jesus in the synoptic gospels, which reads in full, "Render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and unto God the things that are God's" (Ἀπόδοτε οὖν τὰ Καίσαρος Καίσαρι καὶ τὰ τοῦ Θεοῦ τῷ Θεῷ).[1]

This phrase has become a widely quoted summary of the relationship between Christianity, secular government, and society. The original message, coming in response to a question of whether it was lawful for Jews to pay taxes to Caesar, gives rise to multiple possible interpretations about the circumstances under which it is desirable for Christians to submit to earthly authority."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Render...CE%B5%E1%BF%B7).

this is a weird thread

it means to obey and follow the laws of your govt. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
Originally Posted by Tigbitties38
I wasn't.. I was quoting from memory. the phrase meme is rather common.