Austin is Californicated

Crime. Violence. Drugs. Homeless people and poop everywhere. Skyrocketing cost of living. You vote for "progress" this is the progress you get!
... Blimey! .... Crime, Violence and Drugs...

Surely sounds just like San Francisco... They are Californicated also.

Sorry THAT has happened to Austin there, mate.

#### Salty
Austin has been that way for a long time . . .only now it is more so.

They have had the same tourism slogan as Portland for decades, "Keeo Austin/Portland weird."
I don’t know what part of town you’re in Clay, but it isn’t anywhere near me. I haven’t run across any homeless poop here in the ATX. Of course, I haven’t spent any time in any 7-11s or Mickey D’s neither…

Welcome back! Try and stay a spell this time
If you haven't seen homeless people or piles of poop, you're probably one of these hypocrites who live in ivory towers, far away from the subhumans you claim to love.
If you haven't seen homeless people or piles of poop, you're probably one of these hypocrites who live in ivory towers, far away from the subhumans you claim to love. Originally Posted by Clay Media
Yow! You’re still here???
I don’t know what part of town you’re in Clay, but it isn’t anywhere near me. I haven’t run across any homeless poop here in the ATX. Of course, I haven’t spent any time in any 7-11s or Mickey D’s neither…

Welcome back! Try and stay a spell this time Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
At one point in time, a couple of years ago, homeless people were all over Austin. Today it is hard to find any homeless tents. Either they moved or the city did a fantastic job of finding them homes.

As far as whether or not Austin is a safe or dangerous city, this article by Forbes lists Austin as the 15th safest city in the U.S. for cities over 300.300 people.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/laurabe...h=37722eab309a

Is Austin an expensive place to live? Yes, but not as expensive as Houston, Dallas, and Fort Worth.

https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-livin...jsp?region=019
Yeah, I’d like further clarification on the OPs rant.

Maybe “someone” can provide some insight. I see he’s back.

Maybe “someone” can provide some insight. I see he’s back. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider

Okay. Here's some clarification. Crime is increasing. Because of liberal policies such as open borders, and being soft on crime.

Maybe “someone” can provide some insight. I see he’s back. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider

Check on that status.

If only it were this easy to remove politicians when they rant day after day.
I haven’t run across any homeless poop here... Of course, I haven’t spent any time in any 7-11s or Mickey D’s neither... Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Hey yssup - do you miss hanging out at the soda fountain in Nau's Drugstore? Why did it close? Too much sidewalk poop? Too many homeless tents near the entrance?

Asking for a friend.

Hey yssup - do you miss hanging out at the soda fountain in Nau's Drugstore? Why did it close? Too much sidewalk poop? Too many homeless tents near the entrance?

Asking for a friend.
Originally Posted by lustylad
And the answer is:

"Back in September, Labay told KVUE it wasn't her decision to close up shop – the building's owners told her they weren't renewing the lease and that they are selling the building. She said they didn't provide much reason as to why."

https://www.kvue.com/article/news/co...s%20for%20sale.

Property in Austin continues to increase in value and the owners will probably sell to a builder who will put up very expensive condos.
Thanks Speed. I otherwise wouldn't have seen that little poke.

You could buy Pittsburgh for the price of the land sitting under the place where those incredible drug store burgers were flipped.

And I still haven't seen piles of poop from homeless people in Clarksville.

Maybe Clay can tell us where they are.
When I have to take a shit due to no bathroom being available I do it discreetly. Have you ever been to downtown Austin? Or are you one of those clowns who believe if Staff Edit do something bad in some area of town you don't visit, it didn't really happen?
Twice in 24 hours! Can he do it?

I draw the line at public urination, Turd. And sometimes I draw the line with public urinarion.

Austin isn’t what you say it is.