R U Married & have ATT UVerse?

• hd
  • 08-24-2012, 02:10 PM
Just a heads up, I use a prepaid hobby phone so this doesn't affect me, but, I was messing around looking at the channels that you can look at your records for the UVerse bills along with phone records, which includes land lines and cell phone records of all the phone numbers called on any phone listed in the billing. Anyone who has the remote in hand can look at all the phone numbers called from your cell phone, and see it on the big flat screen TV.

Pretty neat.......................... ............huh?
Always use your neighbor's phone.
Always use your neighbor's phone. Originally Posted by pyramider
Or your just use your neighbors wife. Then there's no need for any phone.
Or your just use your neighbors wife. Then there's no need for any phone. Originally Posted by threepeckeredbillygoat

I'm fairly certain that Pyramider has already used all the neighbor's wives

I think we should go back to smoke signals.
  • Lanny
  • 08-25-2012, 12:47 AM

I cant seem to take my eyes off her avatar.....uh wow....

You look awesome, Darling...
If you're using your home phone for the hobby, it's only a matter of time anyway.
If you're using your home phone for the hobby, it's only a matter of time anyway. Originally Posted by BigOldZero
He's not. Uverse also shows your wireless use, numbers called, etc... and that is the risk being highlighted.
Just a heads up, I use a prepaid hobby phone so this doesn't affect me, but, I was messing around looking at the channels that you can look at your records for the UVerse bills along with phone records, which includes land lines and cell phone records of all the phone numbers called on any phone listed in the billing. Anyone who has the remote in hand can look at all the phone numbers called from your cell phone, and see it on the big flat screen TV.

Pretty neat.......................... ............huh? Originally Posted by hd
Where is that feature? Is that a choice on the Menu button or Guide button on the remote? I'd like to check it out. I have U-verse for cable and internet, but my AT&T Wireless is not joined to that account - or at least I don't think it is.

I think we should go back to smoke signals. Originally Posted by TheOriginalDannie
My #1 really smokes. Sometimes I think I see some flames.

Torito
ex nyer,

i seem to remember getting to it as follows.
press the Menu button on the uverse remote.
use the right / left arrow to scroll to phone services, just as you would to go to DVR services.
you can turn on "Caller ID on TV" and also see last x numbers of callers. that's probably where you can see your outgoing calls as well as calls on mobile phones associated w/ your uverse acct.

but as BigOldZero and others have said, DONT USE PHONES ASSOCIATED W/ HOME BILLING ACCTS WHEN MAKING HOBBYING CALLS/TEXTS.
  • hd
  • 08-26-2012, 08:09 AM
I did look and see that channel 9900 will show the land line that is part of the uverse package, thus will show all calls rec'd and made, but I could swear I saw my cell phone records too when I was browsing a month or so ago. I'll bet you could request the cell phone info to be attached to it if you wanted, probably be a good thing if you have children you want to keep tabs on their usage.
can you also see the PPV purchases on this channel?
This only if you have them bundled together I would assume, correct?
  • hd
  • 08-26-2012, 06:49 PM
yes, bundled, I have tv, internet and land line phone together. my SO's and my cell is a separate account, but I'll bet the cell account could somehow be available to view on the uverse system. not that I need or care to since I do use a throw away hobby phone.

But I thought I would post this to warn anyone, better safe than sorry.
But you could check out your SO's calls.