The Oldest Profession Evolves—How the Web Transformed Prostitution

Very interesting . . . and don't forget to read the comments.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...stitution.html
Yep, very interesting.

And as far as the profession goes, this says it all:

"Like if my sister asked me about it, I'd be like: No way. There's no way you're doing this."
She still bitches about the business but us guys have no alternatives to working our ass off in some dumbshit or dangerous industry. We don't have the option of making $2100 an afternoon for something enjoyable.

I worked offshore and saw guys get killed in gruesome accidents. I think if a woman chooses this profession she should be happy she had that option and that the internet has made it much safer.
I think farming is older than prostitution.
The article starts out good enough but why do they (even a seemingly liberal site) always have to end on a negative note? This "Brittany" obviously feels that she is the voice of reason.

By the way, nice to see you around lizardking!

Elisabeth
Nope, there was hunting and gathering long before farming.
I am sure there was some gal in the tribe that traded pussy for food or for some necklace made of shells and sinew.
  • Trey
  • 09-11-2012, 09:06 AM
Ah I do kinda miss the Craigslist days... Kinda. Yes a big change in the type of lady that walks the streets and some of the girls on the web.
She still bitches about the business but us guys have no alternatives to working our ass off in some dumbshit or dangerous industry. We don't have the option of making $2100 an afternoon for something enjoyable.

I worked offshore and saw guys get killed in gruesome accidents. I think if a woman chooses this profession she should be happy she had that option and that the internet has made it much safer. Originally Posted by spear88
Yeah—I too worked on off-shore rigs (many years ago in the late '70s and early '80s) and on land rigs as well (mostly nasty desert places). For some reason, oil is never found anywhere nice. Hard work, long hours, weeks away from family . . . but good money.

When the oil patch cratered in the mid '80s no-one could get a job anywhere. I had little to no prospects of ever working again. One time and (only once) I sold newspapers that I had gotten out of a vending machine. Mortgage, car payment, groceries and the rest? What else could I do—hold up a corner store or ob a bank?

We made it somehow and I stayed out of jail . Had to go back to school and retrain in a whole different field, and start over at the bottom. . .but working in the Hobby world was just not an option. Even if there was a way— I'm not now, nor was I ever qualified for it by appearence or ability!

Now I am so glad that we have ECCIE and the rest ogf the on-line resources that enable me to connect with the ladies.

And Ladies: Thank YOU for every kindness you have shown me in the past (and future).