Reviews

Now that the other site has finally been shut down... and it seems that eccie is well on its way, can we maybe just make it so that all reviews submitted now are new ones? It seems that the only things getting posted now are reviews that we have all read from over on teh other site and guys are just posting old news... i would just like to keep it al lcurrent... Just my opinion...
  • GP
  • 01-07-2010, 11:11 AM
I think the old reviews, even though you and I have read them, not everyone may have. They are useful when doing research. As long as they are of current providers.
  • gushi
  • 01-07-2010, 11:58 AM
I agree with GP...we lost an extensive data base when aspd went down. I personally would love to be able to search and find info that was available from that site. So the more reviews the better...even if they are old...but i don't think it is unreasonable to request the review not be more than say a year old?
I really couldn't disagree with either of you more... The fact that they are old reviews, says that they are old... and with regards to your argument about losing a whole database... yes we have.. we did before, and we moved on... ther eis no need, other than for self gratification, to post old reviews.. lets just pick up where we left off, leaving the old reviews and the old drama to go down with the ship... so to speak... If someone has a question about an SP, they can ask it either by way of an iso on here, or by way of Pm... also, a nd be honest, how many guys have you seen on this board that were'nt on the other one...
  • GP
  • 01-07-2010, 01:39 PM
I don't care about "bragging rights".

I care about being able to search a database that has useful info in it. Just because a review is more than a couple months old does not make it any less of a review. People are allowed to post reviews the same day or a week later, heck even a month or 2 later. You could even post a review that was 10 years old. You probably won't get any "ROS" credit for it, but it still has value IF the provider is still working.

Lets look at it from another perspective. What if ALL reviews were deleted once they became 90 days old? NOW that would be no good, would it?
  • GP
  • 01-07-2010, 01:58 PM
I backed up all of mine and only posted a few of the more recent ones. And the newest one of Nikki. I have about 12 more I could post.
My review of Kimbo was new. I didnt bring any old with me most of the old reviews are helpful in search of provider to help even a new hobbiest make up his mind. Just my 2 pennies. ED
Since the site is down I'm guessing this is a moot point and people won't be able to find their old reviews??? Unless they save them in word or something so they should be new going forward anyways.
  • GP
  • 01-07-2010, 02:23 PM
Jack, I plan on getting to it.

But a couple of them are almost a year old. According to the argument some are trying to make, they would serve no purpose. See my point?
  • GP
  • 01-07-2010, 02:54 PM
LOL, too many variables for me to think about. I say just post them all for the benefit of the community.
Perhaps it would be more useful to post old reviews of only SP's that have not yet been reviewed here on ECCIE. That would be a better way to update the data base to include a wider range of SP who would benefit from the reviews. I see it as no real value to have say 5 or so of the same SP's. Those ones who already have reviews here we should maybe go forward with only new reviews. Just my thoughts....
I guess I'm guilty as charged docdave.

I posted mine to prime the pump. My theory was that if there are reviews of providers, they would have more of an incentive to set up showcases here.

I wrote on last night from September that was original material, accurate and based on the number of times I've heard questions about NF and Toronto, I thought it would be useful.

You can always choose to not read something so that those who do read it have the option.

Your way and the guy who wants to read it can't because it's not available.

I don't see the logic.

In any case, I'm only holding one I've not posted at this point that was particularly negative. I don't intend to post it but may selectively share it if the provider becomes an issue.

Also, if anyone ever has an issue with what I post or how I post it, you are always free to PM me.
There is a cure for this...

Go get laid and write new reviews!

gfe
  • Eli
  • 01-07-2010, 08:35 PM
I agree with GFE but don't see the harm in a repost of someone who's been seen in the last 60 days or so to get the info out there. As far as the older reviews, I think they should all go with the last site. I did no backup of mine.

Eli
  • TBONE
  • 01-07-2010, 10:07 PM
Be patient. We are going to allow "reposts" for a bit longer. Several members spent alot of time copying down alot of reviews and have yet to get them posted here yet. Gradually this won't be an issue any longer, and we will be better off for having them in the long run.