Harbinger of Spring

Forget about the NFL and its labor squabbles. Pitchers and catchers reported to training camp yesterday a good indication that the doldrums of winter will in a few weeks meld into the awakening of springtime.

Last year the Reds, Padres, Giants, Rangers were all teams that exceeded expectations. Which teams might have that potential this year?

Barring injuries can any teams stop the Phillies from winning it all?
Ah! baseball. Proof there is a god.
Forget about the NFL and its labor squabbles. Pitchers and catchers reported to training camp yesterday a good indication that the doldrums of winter will in a few weeks meld into the awakening of springtime.

Last year the Reds, Padres, Giants, Rangers were all teams that exceeded expectations. Which teams might have that potential this year?

Barring injuries can any teams stop the Phillies from winning it all? Originally Posted by discreetgent
You must really be George Will.

We'll see what the season brings.
This year it's the Cubs. Definitely the Cubs.

Cheers,
Mazo.
Who cares about baseball while the NBA is still going on?
Who cares about baseball while the NBA is still going on? Originally Posted by TexTushHog
Any one that doesn't want to worry about the clock
Who cares about baseball while the NBA is still going on? Originally Posted by TexTushHog
Everybody who's NBA team stinks!

Although, not looking too promising for my boys of summer either...
I’ll be pulling for the Dodgers for sentimental reasons. There is no wisdom in loyalty.
I'm sorry but there are no "Dodgers." There was a team from Brooklyn under that name but they moved somewhere about 50+ years ago.
'Ello!
I'm sorry but there are no "Dodgers." There was a team from Brooklyn under that name but they moved somewhere about 50+ years ago. Originally Posted by SR Only
Yes indeed. The Brooklyn Trolley[car] Dodgers sacrificed a lot of mythos when they moved to a place like LA. But you can’t blame the players for management decisions.
Don't know if my Padres can repeat last year's success or not; hopefully with about a two-game better performance LOL! If the Phillies rotation holds up, they will indeed be formidable. Don't think the Rangers can repeat without Lee, though. Ready for Opening Day, for sure.

Dodgers and Giants should have to go back to NYC, IMO.
Dodgers and Giants should have to go back to NYC, IMO. Originally Posted by topguntex
Cool. Dodgers back to Brooklyn and the Giants back to the Polo Grounds. My dad mis-spent his youth at Ebbits Field (I have seats from there, my dad got 'em as they tore down Ebbits), and I went to the Polo Grounds when I was 6 or 8. I have mis-spent middle age with lovely ladies.
  • oden
  • 02-19-2011, 10:55 PM
It's a sad time of year when there is only round ball sports to be watched. But there is always the NFL combines and the draft to look forward to.

Oh yes, an exception, the Spurs come playoff time!