Any providers ever use PayPal?

• Zx
  • 10-31-2012, 05:33 AM
1. Money is transferred instantly
2. You have the options of using PayPal funds to shop online or transfer the money to your bank account

Just curious if anyone has ever used this method of payment before
We tend to avoid any paper trails - cash is our basic exchange method.

(Considering I have never had a paypal account but the number of phishing schemes I see daily in my inbox/spam folder where I need to verify my paypal account information, I consider paypal to be a very scary proposition, fitting for Halloween frights.)

I am leery of paypal due to reports of them confiscating the entire account if they discover it's a sexually oriented business.

However, you can go to Amazon.com and pay online for a gift code to be sent to my email. Then I can use the code for Amazon purchases. Between their video on demand, and the actual items I can order, I consider an Amazon gift code about as good as cash.

oh, to answer your question, yes ladies have used it in the past which is how I know several had their accounts confiscated.

Honey,

I am curious what paypal does with the money? They have no legal right to the money. We have a whole constitution that should prevent their seizing assets without a hearing. Granted, a lady would have to take them to court, but I would think that a contract like that would not be enforceable.

TC
Honey,

I am curious what paypal does with the money? They have no legal right to the money. We have a whole constitution that should prevent their seizing assets without a hearing. Granted, a lady would have to take them to court, but I would think that a contract like that would not be enforceable.

TC Originally Posted by tigercat
Probably something hidden in the terms of use.
Oh Tigercat, oh yes they do have the right and they DO DO it too! I've seen a few providers lose every dime they had in their paypal acct. Paypal does NOT play when it comes to that stuff.
  • Zx
  • 10-31-2012, 10:02 AM
Good insight everyone but how does PP know about the nature of the business transaction? How do they know is for "services"?
Some girls accept Green Dot Cards. You can buy the reload for any Green Dot at any place that carries them. Walmart distributes them and so do several cash checking places.

To answer you questions on how PP knows.. many ways. Sometimes email address, angry clients, IP address, listed cell numbers and much much more. The less information you have to give the better to protect yourself and your investments. Most people like cash because it never asks!!
  • Zx
  • 10-31-2012, 10:30 AM
Sounds like gift cards, visas, Amazon & eBay credit is the way to go when it comes to PayPal
Oh Tigercat, oh yes they do have the right and they DO DO it too! I've seen a few providers lose every dime they had in their paypal acct. Paypal does NOT play when it comes to that stuff. Originally Posted by Kayleehotchick
I wonder if anyone has taken them to court? Seizure of personal property without legal recourse goes against the constitution. Granted, in court, they would have to present evidence that might make you squirm, but I don't think a contract like that should be upheld.

I still think it is a bad idea to create the paper trail, but that is just silly me.

And if you go the route of using pre-paid credit cards to make it impossible to follow a paper trail, well, wouldn't it just be easier to deal with the pre-paid cards?

I have recharged a lady's green dot before but I prefer plain old cash transactions.
Good insight everyone but how does PP know about the nature of the business transaction? How do they know is for "services"? Originally Posted by Zx
Read paypalsucks.com You'll see story after story of the wrongs that paypal does.

Do I use paypal? All of the time. I'm a huge online shopper. However, they're not kind to us sporting ladies.

I am leery of paypal due to reports of them confiscating the entire account if they discover it's a sexually oriented business.

However, you can go to Amazon.com and pay online for a gift code to be sent to my email. Then I can use the code for Amazon purchases. Between their video on demand, and the actual items I can order, I consider an Amazon gift code about as good as cash.

Originally Posted by HoneyRose
Exactly. An amazon gift card is great for me, too. I have Amazon Prime and use it constantly. I could also go with a card or just a regular gift card.

But Paypal? No way!

Good question!
I wonder if anyone has taken them to court? Seizure of personal property without legal recourse goes against the constitution. Granted, in court, they would have to present evidence that might make you squirm, but I don't think a contract like that should be upheld.

I still think it is a bad idea to create the paper trail, but that is just silly me.

And if you go the route of using pre-paid credit cards to make it impossible to follow a paper trail, well, wouldn't it just be easier to deal with the pre-paid cards?

I have recharged a lady's green dot before but I prefer plain old cash transactions. Originally Posted by tigercat
They turn it over to the state after 3-5 years.
My Paypal account has been open for years for eBay purchases, but I've had only 2 out-of-town gentlemen use it to transfer funds for dinner dates or overnights a couple of times each, one recently for a RenFest package. Guess I was lucky, or the likelihood of the money being confiscated was pretty low just because such transactions were so infrequent. However, lately a couple of fellows have sent me Visa gift cards via mail as deposits on my RenFest packages, and after reading all this, that appears to be the safer way to go. Regular credit cards just seem like a bad idea. Too many wives pay the bills and see those statements.

I had no idea that Paypal could exercise such power. They should be sued. It isn't their business or responsibility to interpret laws governing morality, as what's illegal and/or obscene in some places is just fine in others.