RIT Bear Struck And Killed

RIT Bear Struck And Killed

The bear was struck and killed by a car in Arkport in Steuben County.
Wednesday, December 22, 2010

A bear that was captured and released after roaming near the RIT campus earlier this year has died.

You may recall the bear was shot with a tranquilizer gun after being seen on the campus.

The state DEC knew it was the same bear because it had been tagged on its ear, and it also had a lip tattoo.

The bear was struck and killed by a car in Arkport in Steuben County.

Art Kirsch is a senior wildlife biologist with the state DEC and he says that area between Dansville and Hornell is a hot spot for bears.

He says, "lot of bear activity in there, there's a forested corridor that extends from the south up to the north that bears tend to travel fairly well, and so we get a lot of reports and observations from bears in that area."

The person who hit the bear has claimed the animal, but the state DEC is advising against eating the meat because of the possibility of chemicals still being in the bear from when it was tranquilized a few months ago
from WHAM1180.com

Dam, same bear I made jokes with some where in this sandbox. And I was so hopping he would show up in monroe cty. again. I bet the meat is good. If not, what is in the tranquilizer they use. RIP
that bear gets around!
not any more..
You know, you are a pretty funny fucker and in a good way.

If your humor isn't done at the expense of the providers, you would make this board more interesting.
have you seen some of these "price tags" lately NB.Respectfully, "expense wise" I believe those roles are reversed.