Trump torpedoes Republican Senate Candidates

• Tiny
  • 08-05-2016, 11:18 PM
Two Senate polls came out yesterday. In Pennsylvania, McGinty, the Democrat, is now leading by 1%. She was losing to Pat Toomey, the Republican, in most of the previous polls. And Kelly Ayotte, the Republican in New Hampshire, was losing by 10% yesterday. She was leading by 9% not long ago. As you know, Trump's down big time in recent polls as well.

Why? Because the Narcissist and Chief of the Republican Party, seems intent on sabotaging himself and as much of the Republican Party as he can.

The writing's on the wall. Trump's going to lose. The only question is whether the Republicans can pull out a majority in the Senate, which is looking like less than a 50% proposition now. If that happens, Hillary in the presidency and a Democrat majority in the Senate, the Republicans can kiss the Supreme Court goodbye for a generation. Harry Reid established that the Democrats have no qualms pushing judges through the Senate with just 51 votes, instead of the 60 votes that have been required in the past. So Hillary could throw out whoever she chooses, and they'd be confirmed. Thanks to the Donald's coattails, Republicans may also actually lose the House, which no one thought possible a few months ago.

Trump had an excellent opportunity to make headway this last week. Hillary was caught lying, again, about Emails, and Obama got caught with his pants down, swapping $400 million to the Iranians (admittedly their own money) for prisoners. GDP growth came in way below estimates. The French priest who was killed by terrorists was laid to rest.

So what does Trump talk about? Why his own petty, personal bull shit, of course. He continues to feud with the parents of the Muslim American soldier in Iraq. He at first refuses to endorse Ryan, McCain and Ayotte. He brings up his nutty comments at a campaign rally -- about Megyn Kelly bleeding, Muslims in New Jersey celebrating on television after 9/11, and him mocking the disabled newspaper reporter.

Somebody like Reince Priebus should take him in a room, tell everyone to leave, and then physically beat the shit out of him, do something to make him listen to reason. Trump is his own worst enemy, and now he's also the worst enemy of his own party.
I agree that Drumpf has shat the bed.

But bullshit on your accusations about the Iran thing.

And get the fuck over the email thing already.

You want to know national security secrets? Just wait. They'll be tweeted out by Drumpf in real time.
Ya'll come back in a couple of months.
  • Tiny
  • 08-06-2016, 09:28 AM
But bullshit on your accusations about the Iran thing.

And get the fuck over the email thing already. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Yssup, your ideological opponents on this board have called me a dimbocrat and a fucking partisan political hack, among other things, for saying Comey was right, Hillary shouldn't be prosecuted or sent to jail for the emails. She did lie about them, including last week when she told Chris Wallace (Fox News) she hadn't lied.

As to the $400 million and Iran, that was somewhat like the Iran Contra scandal during the Reagan administration, admittedly not as big a deal though. Should Reagan have been impeached for that? Hell no. But a Democrat politician worth his salt was all over that.

Similarly Trump should have been all over the $400 million. And the Emails. Hillary displayed phenomenally poor judgement in using her own server the way she did.

Hillary may be as big of an arrogant narcissist as Trump is. Her use of her personal email server is an example. But she hides it a hell of a lot better. She's not going to bring up her lying about the emails or the $400 million at one of her campaign rallies. So why does Trump feel intent on bringing up stupid things he's said in the past, and then attack people on his side who won't ignore his stupidity (e.g. Khan family)? I don't get it.
Two Senate polls came out yesterday. In Pennsylvania, McGinty, the Democrat, is now leading by 1%. She was losing to Pat Toomey, the Republican, in most of the previous polls. And Kelly Ayotte, the Republican in New Hampshire, was losing by 10% yesterday. She was leading by 9% not long ago. As you know, Trump's down big time in recent polls as well.

Why? Because the Narcissist and Chief of the Republican Party, seems intent on sabotaging himself and as much of the Republican Party as he can.

The writing's on the wall. Trump's going to lose. The only question is whether the Republicans can pull out a majority in the Senate, which is looking like less than a 50% proposition now. If that happens, Hillary in the presidency and a Democrat majority in the Senate, the Republicans can kiss the Supreme Court goodbye for a generation. Harry Reid established that the Democrats have no qualms pushing judges through the Senate with just 51 votes, instead of the 60 votes that have been required in the past. So Hillary could throw out whoever she chooses, and they'd be confirmed. Thanks to the Donald's coattails, Republicans may also actually lose the House, which no one thought possible a few months ago.

Trump had an excellent opportunity to make headway this last week. Hillary was caught lying, again, about Emails, and Obama got caught with his pants down, swapping $400 million to the Iranians (admittedly their own money) for prisoners. GDP growth came in way below estimates. The French priest who was killed by terrorists was laid to rest.

So what does Trump talk about? Why his own petty, personal bull shit, of course. He continues to feud with the parents of the Muslim American soldier in Iraq. He at first refuses to endorse Ryan, McCain and Ayotte. He brings up his nutty comments at a campaign rally -- about Megyn Kelly bleeding, Muslims in New Jersey celebrating on television after 9/11, and him mocking the disabled newspaper reporter.

Somebody like Reince Priebus should take him in a room, tell everyone to leave, and then physically beat the shit out of him, do something to make him listen to reason. Trump is his own worst enemy, and now he's also the worst enemy of his own party. Originally Posted by Tiny

I don't know whether you're stupid or another plant like the Nurse, SS, and Luke (use the fork Luke, use the fork). I'm going to give you the benefit and just call you stupid. It takes 48 hours to conduct a poll though they can collect the data is less than 24. They have to come up with unbiased questions and properly weight the polling sample to fit reality. So...since Trump endorsed the above yesterday, there is no way any poll released yesterday or today can take that into account. I'm assuming you're idiotically jumping to conclusions with your announcement and not part of the Clinton propaganda machine. In any event, your conclusion are premature (like I have to assume your ejaculations) and stupid (that's a statistical term).
Yssup, your ideological opponents on this board have called me a dimbocrat and a fucking partisan political hack, among other things, for saying Comey was right, Hillary shouldn't be prosecuted or sent to jail for the emails. She did lie about them, including last week when she told Chris Wallace (Fox News) she hadn't lied.

As to the $400 million and Iran, that was somewhat like the Iran Contra scandal during the Reagan administration, admittedly not as big a deal though. Should Reagan have been impeached for that? Hell no. But a Democrat politician worth his salt was all over that.

Similarly Trump should have been all over the $400 million. And the Emails. Hillary displayed phenomenally poor judgement in using her own server the way she did.

Hillary may be as big of an arrogant narcissist as Trump is. Her use of her personal email server is an example. But she hides it a hell of a lot better. She's not going to bring up her lying about the emails or the $400 million at one of her campaign rallies. So why does Trump feel intent on bringing up stupid things he's said in the past, and then attack people on his side who won't ignore his stupidity (e.g. Khan family)? I don't get it. Originally Posted by Tiny
To be fair (what a concept), Trump was busy this week defending himself to the press about the manufactured Purple Heart incident. Why didn't the press do their job and jump on this? What happened to Seth Rich and Shawn Lucas.
Here is a real poll. I'm starting to wonder about certain handles motives...

http://tomohalloran.com/2016/08/05/lying-media-polls/
Our Lying Media and The Polls
tomohalloran.com | AUGUST 5, 2016

– snip –
By Max Von Solow PG Farnsworth “We have just completed our own poll since we cannot get factual information from the mainstream media!! we called 1000 homes in each of the 50 states and asked basic questions on the economy, terrorism, immigration and presidential pick.
Economy was the number one factor that Americans are concerned about and terrorism was number two.
Presidential pic was Trump by a large percentage
Trump 33478 votes 67%
Clinton 9788 Votes 19%
Undecided or other 6739 votes 13%
My friends and I are all Graduate students from all walks of life we meet to discuss stuff 13 people who like and have served the military. It took us most of two weeks to be sure our calls were to all people and not just one party or an other we called Americans.. our poll is by taking registered voter lists and we accumulated 33% repub, 33% dems and 34% ind.. our poll consisted of 1000 calls per state.. all 50 states.. 50,000 people are in this poll not the 100 like other polls.”
  • Tiny
  • 08-06-2016, 09:53 AM
I don't know whether you're stupid or another plant like the Nurse, SS, and Luke (use the fork Luke, use the fork). I'm going to give you the benefit and just call you stupid. It takes 48 hours to conduct a poll though they can collect the data is less than 24. They have to come up with unbiased questions and properly weight the polling sample to fit reality. So...since Trump endorsed the above yesterday, there is no way any poll released yesterday or today can take that into account. I'm assuming you're idiotically jumping to conclusions with your announcement and not part of the Clinton propaganda machine. In any event, your conclusion are premature (like I have to assume your ejaculations) and stupid (that's a statistical term). Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
I hope you're right. I hope a Republican senate and House are elected and serve as a counterbalance to Clinton. Your man should not publicly criticize people like Ayotte and McCain. And he should muzzle himself.
I hope you're right. I hope a Republican senate and House are elected and serve as a counterbalance to Clinton. Your man should not publicly criticize people like Ayotte and McCain. And he should muzzle himself. Originally Posted by Tiny
Okay, I take back the stupid comment. You just got over excited. If you want to know more than I suggest you contact Patrick Miller of KU. He teaches polling science and statistical analysis and I think he is wrong most of the time. He will not answer my emails but he told his students that he could predict two years out who will be running for president and who will win....
  • Tiny
  • 08-06-2016, 10:14 AM
Okay, I take back the stupid comment. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
It wasn't a stupid commment, you were right. There hasn't been enough time for what happened last week to show up in Senate polls.
  • Tiny
  • 08-06-2016, 12:13 PM
I'm starting to wonder about certain handles motives... Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB
IIFFOFRDB, my feelings about Trump are probably similar to John Kasich's. Or Cruz's or Johnson's.

When I told you I hope you're right, I meant the best outcome would be that Trump wins, proves detractors like me wrong, and turns out to be a wise leader. He brings the country together, helps bring prosperity, and executes a brilliant foreign policy. You could call this the Ronald Reagan scenario. There were a lot of Democrats and liberal Republicans who hated him before he was elected, but came around later.

Unfortunately, I don't think that will happen, in part because Trump has stuck his foot in his mouth so many times that it will be difficult for him to win. The second best outcome would be Clinton winning the presidency and Republicans winning Congress, and they triangulate and govern wisely, like what happened during Bill Clinton's last term.

The worst outcome is a Hillary victory and a Democratic filibuster-proof majority in the Senate, and they govern like Jimmy Carter. (Democrats controlled the House and 61 Senate seats during the Carter administration.) Then it doesn't matter whether you're rich or poor, male or female, black, white, brown or yellow, you're fucked.
I don't think SLOBBRIN could get fucked under any circumstance.

Maybe a handy, but only from himself.
The 51 vote majority does not apply to SCOTUS nominations. The Senate can still filibuster.
  • Tiny
  • 08-06-2016, 07:26 PM
COG, Thanks, I didn't know that. I looked it up and you're right. All judges and executive appointees can get through with a simple majority since Reid exercised the nuclear option in 2013, except Supreme Court judges. Presumably if the Democrats have a 51 person majority, they can change the rules again, to eliminate the filibuster for Supreme Court nominees too. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Reading "nuclear option" in Wikipedia, it appears that Republican Senators during Obama's presidency were no better or worse than other Senate minorities in blocking judges. But still Reid and the Democrats changed the rules. So if Hillary is presented with the opportunity to push through two or three new Supreme Court justices she particularly likes with, say, 51 or 52 votes, do you think the democrats will change the rules of the senate to make that possible? It would be interesting to hear the response of a democrat like Yssup to that question.