Oil Show time almost upon us

So who is going to the Oil Show in October? Ladies and gentlemen both! Going just because paid to go or just for the free junk or what motivates you? Guys which I am one I can't see the lure of crowds,fighting in lines for free shit we have no use for or maybe a free beer(all but illegal openly now), or maybe ogle some good looking ladies? Ladies on here maybe I can see chance to possibly do some great biz with the big wheels from out of town or salesmen out to blow off steam since this isn't their home territory! What is forecast on places to stay in Midland /Odessa area and concept of dinning and other entertainments? I can see rooms availability being scarce or high cost! Dinning estsabishments are already pushed to the limits on wait staff and seating. Quality of food is down in the area so don't be surprised in cold or outright bad food! Opinions on OilShow 2018? I live here and native to all this so have seen big time parties when booming and have seen shitshows during bust years.
When it is?
Oct 16th-20th. Hotel rates will be ridiculously high. $500 plus and above. Also availability will be difficult if any. Lot of overflow into hotels in Monahans, big spring, etc. Would be tough for providers to visit with hotel rates that high.
Oct 16th-20th. Hotel rates will be ridiculously high. $500 plus and above. Also availability will be difficult if any. Lot of overflow into hotels in Monahans, big spring, etc. Would be tough for providers to visit with hotel rates that high. Originally Posted by delimex007
Boy have I got a deal for a provider or maybe 2! I'm single and live in nice place and have a spare room I would rent cheap so they can maybe reap some of the rewards of the traveling salesmen! Only deal is they would have to do outcalls and since checking out their back ground on here would be simple that could work great for both sides!
DPS and Sheriffs will be roaming the Farm Markets and small Highways. Watch your speed.

Eating out is rough.....service is slow even at Fast Food places. I will just go to HEB or Market Street get something to heat or ready to eat.
I agree that hotel rooms will short supply that week.
DPS and Sheriffs will be roaming the Farm Markets and small Highways. Watch your speed.

Eating out is rough.....service is slow even at Fast Food places. I will just go to HEB or Market Street get something to heat or ready to eat.
I agree that hotel rooms will short supply that week. Originally Posted by Tex9401
I'm fan of the grill in back yard after stop at store! The local deputies...they couldn't catch a donut on uphill roll! Out riding other day and I was approaching triple mph numbers and saw one...binders real fast! Looked in mirror and my son was showing skid plate on his super moto!Said he knew him, bet it was cause he knew he couldn't catch us!