Drones

Anyone have any experience with owning a Drone. Thinking of making a purchase after doing some research and the price range I'm looking at is around $1500-$2k. I'm mainly worried that I would just get bored of it and not get my money worth. Any feedback would be helpful.

Thanks

Rrabbit6926
Got a few buddies that have cheap ones, the fun only last like a week or two. Drones are an aerial camera and if your into video editing and can share you work with others than that would be very fun. Otherwise I’m not sure what else they do.
I have a cheaper one that I bought last year during Black Friday. I only paid $200 for it.

They're fun to fly, and not difficult to learn. I don't use mine very often. I've just taken it to my local park on a few occasions to fly around and get some aerial video footage just for fun. I also took it to the beach once right before sunset and got some sunset video footage.

The battery life on mine kinda sucks. It only lasts about 10 to 15 minutes in the air before the battery needs recharging.

I'm glad I got a cheaper one, because I don't use it nearly enough to warrant paying $1500 to $2000.
Just bought a dji spark .... well on the second one as the first one had major imu issues and just decided to return to the distributor ( I sell them) I got it from and they sent me a new one it’s pretty dang cool it’s small and has a ton of features some of the other dji drones have the same but I wanted to start out with a lower investment and then work up to a bigger one with more higher end camera
Battery life is about 15/20 min but batteries are cheap and got a few as back ups
I think the spark is about 339 and batteries are 25 to 40?
The best part about it and on some of the other dji drones is they have a tripod mode so that it will move slower to the controls no matter how fast you move the stick it will respond slower and get more cinematic shots with it
Good luck with what you decide on .... I’ve had a ton of fun with mine
Thanks for the input. I was debating on getting cheaper model then working my way up. I have looked at several DJI models as they seem to be the market leader. When I was younger always wanted to invest in remote control planes but never had the $$ so this kinda fills fulfills that missed opportunity plus I like the fact that a lot of drones have smart technology where they kind of fly themselves and have obstacle avoidance. I just would hate to loose that kind of money on being a newbie at flying them. Just wish they had more then about 20 min of flight time but I guess having multiple batteries help.
Gottahavemore, we know the real reason you bought the drone. Should we start calling you Nigel.
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3500u7
Hahahaha weeeelllll ya know that’s one of the perks of it hahah
Well there it is, gottahave has opened up a whole new universe to owning a drone. Mann, the possibilities are endless
Great video laughed my ass off even when she threw the drone in the trash
I know several realtors that specialize in farm and ranch land. When they get a listing they fly drones to document the features of the property. It saves a lot of time walking fence lines and exploring properties.
I'm mainly worried that I would just get bored of it and not get my money worth. Originally Posted by rrabbit6926
Don't worry darling, if you get bored just send it to me and I'll get your money's worth.

Get a drone with an easy operating system. I hear they are so much easier to fly than they were 8 years ago when I got mine. I kept crashing it into trees so it sat on a shelf for years.
Is anyone FAA 107 Certified? I’m thinking really hard to get into drones and get certified.
I was planning on doing it but got side tracked

Haven’t really flown much here in Pensacola and when I do it’s only in places “ sorta approved in the areas “ but given with so many flight paths from the airport and the navy there not many places to fly around here
I mainly fly when I’m out of town with less restrictions

May look into it again
Maybe we can start a club... drones, debauchery and booze (for after the flights)
Drones and Dames