Sugar Bowl

What's your pick? I'm rooting for Texas of course but after seeing the way Alabama mauled Oklahoma, I'm not optimistic. That game could easily have been 70-20.
Herman is saying he doesn't yet have all the athletes he needs to run his "Pro Spread Option" offense. I guess we'll find out tonight how far away he is from having the personnel he needs. If Texas can be within 13 points in the 4th quarter, I'll consider that a moral victory.
What's your pick? I'm rooting for Texas of course but after seeing the way Alabama mauled Oklahoma, I'm not optimistic. That game could easily have been 70-20.
Herman is saying he doesn't yet have all the athletes he needs to run his "Pro Spread Option" offense. I guess we'll find out tonight how far away he is from having the personnel he needs. If Texas can be within 13 points in the 4th quarter, I'll consider that a moral victory. Originally Posted by chuckles
Wife is a UT grad so I'll be rooting for UT. So much depends on the mental attitude of Georgia. Will they be down from not being in the championship series or will they be up trying to prove they should have been in the championship series? I think the score will be closer than predicted.
Oh me of little faith. Great win for the 'Horns. They just outmuscled and physically beat one of the best teams in the country on both sides of the ball. Pretty impressive. That gives Texas wins over the #4 & #5 teams. I hope we're ranked higher than OU in final standings.
Most complete game Texas has played in years! And to do it against a true top 5 opponent ; Hook'em..
Bevo set the tone in the beginning!!!!!!!!!
That was a shocking performance, on both sides, to say the least.
Most complete game Texas has played in years! And to do it against a true top 5 opponent ; Hook'em..
Bevo set the tone in the beginning!!!!!!!!! Originally Posted by winn dixie
+1. I've met Sam and have been watching him play for a while as my son blocked for him at Westlake. He is a tough, focused dude... a true leader. It seems like his competitive fire/spirit - taking hits, running over defensive players, never quitting - has rubbed off on his teammates. Most impressive victory against a true high quality opponent since beating my Trojans in the nat'l championship game. If he stays all 4 years, which I think he will... he is just loyal that way, they have a good chance to be in the final of the CFP in 2020.
good kid and tough, but tough only lasts so long until a helmet pops his arm while running.
he can't throw downfield for sh*t, and has 2 receivers 6'4 plus...wtf ?....otherwise, would've had 40+ points.

glad they won and there appears to be hope! but defense won that game last night.
good kid and tough, but tough only lasts so long until a helmet pops his arm while running.
he can't throw downfield for sh*t, and has 2 receivers 6'4 plus...wtf ?....otherwise, would've had 40+ points.

glad they won and there appears to be hope! but defense won that game last night. Originally Posted by Ape-Racer
Agreed their D won the game. Regardless of how tall his receivers are, Georgia's defense is no slouch. UT scored exactly one less touchdown than Alabama - who has a pretty decent offense - scored against the GA defense.

Ehlinger doesn't have the most sexiest throwing skills at this point but he is a baller, and just finished his sophomore season.
If the coaching staff repeats a similar caliber gameplan and run the ball with Ingram, Texas will be in the playoff and possibly for a title shot.

That is easily the best game Texas played on all 4 sides (offense, defense, special teams and coaching).
Watched Bevo go after the Georgia Bulldog and thought "hot Damn this might be a great game!"

After that opening drive for the TD,I was worried they were going to burn out early, but they never let up the entire game.

Nail biter as the fourth quarter was winding down!
After the game the officials reviewed the Bevo and uga incident. The replay officials determined Bevo led with his Horns 'Up and therefore was in violation of targeting.....
I predicted a 9-3 regular season for UT. I said earlier in this thread that the final score would be closer than many were predicting and that the game depended to a large degree on the mental attitude of the Georgia team. They weren't focused in the first half and that killed them.

I wouldn't get too high on UT for the future. It takes about 40 quality players to win consistently. UT will be highly ranked going into next season but I don't see them being a dominant team like Alabama or Clemson. They will lose a game or two that they should win and they will win some very close games. But the end to this season was a great start to 2019.
BAH HUMBUG!