Thank God SXSW is over!

....just saying.
yeah I agree. I hate the traffic it causes. Although I heard this year was much smaller than previous years.
I love SXSW! I had so much fun and partied hard for an entire week. Yet, I too, am glad it is over so I can get some rest. YES! this was a wonderful year, not as crowded, found parking every time really easily and saw some incredible music. you guys who hate it should rent your house out for big bucks and leave town. for me, it is a highlight of my year. I take a vacation and do it all day and just immerse myself in it. i didn't have a badge or wristband and saw everyone i wanted and a bunch i now love. the chance to see all this free music and make so many new friends from around the world is irresistible to me, as i have been an Austin music fan since the 70's. I say, thank GAWD for SXSW and the tax revenue and joy it brings to my town.
I love... can't wait til next year (but I'll settle for everything in between such as Fun Fun Fun and ACL)
this was my favorite band
Nice
I went out of town for some of it. I, too, am glad it's over!
I love SXSW! I had so much fun and partied hard for an entire week. Yet, I too, am glad it is over so I can get some rest. YES! this was a wonderful year, not as crowded, found parking every time really easily and saw some incredible music. you guys who hate it should rent your house out for big bucks and leave town. for me, it is a highlight of my year. I take a vacation and do it all day and just immerse myself in it. i didn't have a badge or wristband and saw everyone i wanted and a bunch i now love. the chance to see all this free music and make so many new friends from around the world is irresistible to me, as i have been an Austin music fan since the 70's. I say, thank GAWD for SXSW and the tax revenue and joy it brings to my town. Originally Posted by sue_nami
BULLSHIT!!! tax revenue? then why am I paying $10K in property tax a year just to live in this "paradise" .. shitty traffic control, toll roads, .. gestapo authorities, $1000 a month for elec.. the law of business is things get cheaper in volume.. fuck the SXSW,, thanks for $600 hotels, over an hour to get into our reg restaurant, no parking, yeeah,, it was fucking great!!
If you remember the 70's, think "AquaFest".. THAT"S where it should have stayed so locals could enjoy.... let's see.. OH YEAH, LOCAL SHIT! I DON'T think you'll find the majority are "joyful". and if you want to leave town and rent out your house, you better give the city their cut and buy a permit.. thank "GAWD" the fucking tourists are gone for the most part.. now just the Rodeo people to contend with.. I vote we have a month in Austin with no events.. or better yet.. share the wealth and divide it up among us locals to go out and have a drink on the fuckers that organized SWSX.
I'm with you on that nuglet. AquaFest was great, saw my favorite band there with my favorite girlfriend. Fuck SxSW-as if Austin doesn't already have enough hipster douchebags, we gotta invite the rest of the world's hipster douchebags down here.
I'm with you on that nuglet. AquaFest was great, saw my favorite band there with my favorite girlfriend. Fuck SxSW-as if Austin doesn't already have enough hipster douchebags, we gotta invite the rest of the world's hipster douchebags down here. Originally Posted by EastBayRay
I think we've just dated ourselves. LOL. ah, those days were fun, and so much less complicated.
hey aquafest was going on while I was here for college.. I am just a few years behind you guys but not many and I still go out and see live music 4-5 nights a week and enjoy austin's music scene. Certainly it is not an age thing because I know a bunch of over 50+ music fiends who still do the sxsw shuffle all week. I think we just have shifting priorities as we age and some lose the music bug and some don't. Like sex, lots of folks lose interest as they age and some of us amp up in our 50's. I want more of everything fun it seems.
I had 3 pop up stores scattered around town. I'm grateful for the business SXSW brings my little business, but I too am glad it's over. I was exhausted, and slept on and off the past 24 hours. Slept-woke up-slept some more-woke up, had some food, went to workout- slept some more- Oh! It's Tuesday afternoon!

A little Green Tea....

I'm feeling much better!

I think we've just dated ourselves. LOL. ah, those days were fun, and so much less complicated. Originally Posted by nuglet
Dated ourselves or not, I saw The Ramones there and that's all that matters to me.
I saw the ramones at the armadillo but do not remember them at aquafest, it must have been summer of 78 when i spent the summer in dallas. i saw the ramones every single time in town they played and saw them at least a dozen times including Dallas that summer. I met them at zebra records on lavaca.
this was my favorite band Originally Posted by sue_nami
What was the band's name, Sue Nami? It's a Beautiful Bush?

I like the one playing the skin flute.