Mr Peabody's Phun Phacts #1

I can't seem to keep up to date with the on-going soap opera that the Co-ed section has become, so I'll try do something useful over here.
Have any of you noticed the copious flowers gracing our metropolis this first week of spring?

Looking closely you can notice these passionate precocious posies peeling back their wildly vivid sheer petals in the welcome spring sun to reveal their yearning aroused pistils wet with stigma in hopes of beckoning a lecherous bee to participate in unbridled pollination.

Many plants have a anthropic aspect to them.

I'm thinking....
Scleroderma_citrinum.jpg

An edible desert fungi
hydnora_africana.jpg

Although it is unfortunately mistaken for a Morral mushroom, the Phallus Hadriani is slightly poisonous.

phallus_hadriani.jpg

Beware that the Capsicum annuum, an East Texas native pepper contains pungent capsaicins and shouldn't be consumed in large numbers

peter-peppers.jpg

Perky shrooms photographed in Grand Tetons national forest.

champignon-en-forme-de-sein.jpg

Not Sure why I included this pic.

still_thinking.jpg

No Comment.

cactus.jpg

It has been written that the Flower of the Carob tree smells of semen. In it's native country these blooms are high prized as a delicacy.
carob_fruit_semen.jpg

A newly discovered flowering fungus, Thismia Megalongensis, in New Zealand gives off a distinctly rotten fish odor.

Thismia_megalongensis.jpg

The fruit of the Polynesian Breadfruit tree smells like freshly baked bread.

breadfruit.jpg

Not quite ripe.
sexy-strawberry.jpg

An interesting link for you botanists:
http://www.hgtv.ca/blog/carnivorous-...emale-tourism/

Thanks for learning.
Finally, something worth reading. The drama queens do get old.
  • Loxly
  • 03-30-2015, 05:58 PM
Thanks. Nice break from the "fire-walking". Maybe we could have a Match Game with both Providers and Hobbyists. LOL
Seems like a lot of heavy artillery over there.....
O.K. this next Factoid requires reader participation. Unlike dogs, humans do not posses the ability to lick their own elbow, (the outside skin). Please take a moment to confirm this hypothesis personally. In the unlikely chance that someone actually has this ability, please notify Sue Nami immediately in a private message as it might qualify you for a mid-week holiday discount.
With the advent of widespread DNA testing, scientists have been able to study the huge number of genetic alleles that contribute to making each human being an individual. There now exists an ability to sort people out by their genetic code. In fact, they can determine if there are more "races" besides the 3 we think of as black, white and yellow.

It turns out there are NO specific gene or subset of genes that can identify any of the races. Race is just a myth. It is purely a sociological concept without any scientific basis. I suspect the idea is propagated by individuals who have something to gain in this divisive propaganda.

In the future, people will be laughing that we now consider someone is one race or another.

You are a member of the human race.
Many plants have a anthropic aspect to them.

An edible desert fungi
Originally Posted by Mr Peabody
is that a Luzzzious Marius?

oh...and what does slightly poisoinous mean exactly?
That desert plant is in fact a hydnora africanus. When it is ripens further it's jaws open up like a mouth. It is one of the 2 plants that the Little House character was based that Scarlett has pointed out.

I forgot to include this pic from the challenge a few posts back. ITS NOT TOO LATE TO TRY!
Lick-Your-Elbow-Step-2.jpg

While other cultures embrace insects as a source of dietary staple, it could never happen here.
Unless you like ketchup or strawberry yogurt or red lipstick ...
For many years the food colorant know as carmine or coccineal extract has been FDA approved for use in these products. This red die is extracted from the coccineal insects. You have been eating bugs like this little guy for years.

cochinealZ.jpg